Tagged: wst macros
- This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 11 months ago by Spencer Burton.
October 27, 2020 at 2:52 pm #22073Stephen KramerParticipant
Can’t get the WST Macros to install on my excel.October 27, 2020 at 5:36 pm #22079Spencer BurtonKeymaster
Since the WST Macros Excel Add-in isn’t created by A.CRE, I don’t have a video for installing the add-in. However, we created a 50 second video showing how to install our A.CRE Geocoding Excel Add-in. And the methodology for installing our add-in is identical to installing the WST Macros add-in. Here is that video:
And here are the written instructions:
1. Open a blank Excel workbook
2. Go to File>Options
3. In the ‘Excel Options’ dialog box, select ‘Add-ins’
4. Next to ‘Manage:’, ensure the drop-down is set to ‘Excel Add-ins’ and then click ‘Go…’
5. In the ‘Add-ins’ dialog box click ‘Browse…’
6. A ‘Browse’ dialog box will appear, with the default Excel add-ins folder shown
7. Leave the ‘Browse’ dialog box open, and open the A.CRE Geocoding Add-in zip folder containing the A.CRE Geocoding Add-in .xlam file (i.e. Microsoft Excel Add-in file).
8. Drag and drop the A.CRE Geocoding Add-in .xlam file from the zip folder to the ‘Browse’ dialog box, such that a copy of the file now resides in the default Excel add-ins folder
9. Right-click on the A.CRE Geocoding Add-in .xlam file newly added to the default Excel add-ins folder, and select ‘Properties’
10. Within the file properties dialog box under the ‘General’ tab, look to see if there’s a Security setting at the bottom that reads: “This file came from another computer…” and if so, check the ‘Unblock’ box.
11. If/when the ‘Unblock’ box is checked, click ‘OK’ in the file properties dialog box
12. In the ‘Browse’ dialog box, make sure the ‘A.CRE Geocoding Add-in file is selected and click ‘OK’
13. In the ‘Add-ins’ dialog box, make sure the ‘A.Cre Geocoding Add-in’ is checked and then click ‘OK’
14. If a new ‘GeoCode’ ribbon tab appears (usually to the right of the Help ribbon tab), then the add-in was installed successfully
15. Close Excel
The above instructions are the same, except replace the A.CRE Geocoding Add-in xlam file with the WST Macros .xlam file that you download here.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic. Login here