The Portfolio Retention Analyst will complete full analysis with recommendation for maturing loans requiring refinance from both the ACM and ART portfolio. In addition, the analyst will be required to provide screening recommendation for assumptions and supplemental loans within the ACM portfolio. Further, the analyst will be required to process and assist the Portfolio Retention underwriter in the underwriting of any assumption, supplemental or new originations assigned to the underwriting team.
The Analyst will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Collect, review, and analyze financial exhibits & market data for debt structure modeling in Excel
- Conduct preliminary credit reviews
- Conduct due diligence of the borrower
- Complete market research through third party information sources
- Coordinate with the originator and the underwriting department in the processing of the applications.
- Collect, package, review and reconcile loan application documents including financial/credit exhibits under various underwriting programs
- Order and perform the preliminary review of all third party reports (appraisal, inspection and environmental) for compliance with guidelines
- Analyze, interpret and underwrite complex multifamily real estate transactions in compliance with respective agency guidelines (Fannie Mae)
- Conduct detailed economic and demographic research to determine feasibility of transactions
- Assist the underwriter in Preparing and presenting comprehensive loan approval package to credit committee
- Conduct inspections of physical real-estate assets
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or a related discipline and have a familiarity with the terms and concepts of real estate finance.
Experience: Minimum of one to three years’ experience in a real estate related field or mortgage banking/finance. Recent graduates with a Masters in Real Estate or related discipline without hands on real estate experience will be considered. Previous multifamily loan processing, analysis and/or underwriting experience are a plus
- Ability to problem-solve and exercise independent judgment while displaying a high degree of initiative and accuracy
- Demonstrated ability to organize & prioritize projects; complete multiple tasks on schedule
- Hard working, a quick study, detail oriented and have the ability to work alone as well as with others to reach a common goal
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel and Word
- Strong work ethic and pro-active team player able to work effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent analytical, communication, organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Must be able to mentor and train junior staff
Travel: Up to 20%
Source: Arbor Realty Trust Career page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.