The Real Estate Americas business is seeking to hire an Associate for its Los Angeles-based West Coast Asset Management team. Associates within the functional area of Asset Management play an integral role in working alongside our Asset Managers in overseeing a portfolio of assets and driving value to our clients. Individuals in this role are involved in the underwriting and due diligence work associated with new deals, oversight and strategy implementation within the existing portfolio, assistance on development deals, the handling of dispositions, working through internal and external property valuations and completing various internal and external reports.
- Underwrite prospective acquisitions (various product types, markets, and risk profiles)
- Research and analyze market data
- Work closely with other REA groups as well as brokers, partners, and other market participants
- Participate in property inspections and market tours
- Help to formulate investment recommendations
- Prepare IC memos and participate in IC presentations
- Lead due diligence and closing efforts
- Collaborate with Asset Management on asset strategy and valuations
- Team player, collaborative, hard worker
- Demonstrated interest in real estate and intellectual curiosity
- Strong quantitative modeling and analytical skills
- Clear and concise written and oral communication
- Attention to detail and ability to learn from mistakes
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, and Argus
The candidate should have 3-5 years of relevant work experience (real estate, investment management, or investment banking experience is preferred)
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.