This position can work from home if you reside in the following territories: northwest Iowa, western Minnesota, eastern North Dakota, northeastern South Dakota
MetLife Agricultural Finance is seeking an exceptional and experienced Agricultural Real Estate Loan Officer to originate loans and service an existing loan portfolio primarily in northwest Iowa, western Minnesota, eastern North Dakota, and northeastern South Dakota. This Agricultural Real Estate Loan Officer position will be part of a team responsible for the origination and servicing of agricultural real estate loans spanning a twenty-five state territory that includes the High Plains, Midwest, Rocky Mountains, and the Northeast.
- Loan origination
- Credit analysis & underwriting
- Real estate valuations & property inspections
- Loan servicing/reporting/portfolio management
- Relationship management/marketing
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- 10+ years of experience with credit analysis and credit decision.
- 10+ years relevant experience with a proven track record of underwriting successful agricultural debt deals.
Extensive agricultural lending experience, ideally including experience in core regional crops (e.g., row crops, dairy, livestock).
- Farm real estate valuation knowledge.
- Strong credit and analytical skills, superior knowledge of lending principles, credit procedures, collateral and credit.
- Proficiency in Word and Excel-based applications.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong relationship management skill set.
- Strong financial, accounting and credit analysis skills.
- Bachelor’s degree in Agriculture, Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Banking as well as any other related field of expertise; MBA or master’s degree a plus.
- 25-50% throughout designated territory
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.