You will analyze, prepare, and reconcile accounting and technical data as well as prepare reports, while always thinking of and devising ways to streamline and minimize cycle times through automated applications and process improvement. You will also help develop recommendations effecting business procedures and operations and maintain financial and reporting systems. In addition, you will assist the department and other team members with special projects or components of other projects as needed.
In a Financial Analysis role, you would be responsible for:
- Managing annual/continual financial planning activities for product areas, providing business rationale and decisions for all month-end financial performance and forecasting, conducting reviews and analysis on product financial performance, consumption/demand planning, budgeting, billing, trends, and exception reports
- Efficiency reporting, analytics and strategy – including, but not limited to – location strategy, span of control, reporting and analytics
- Creating financial business cases supporting business initiatives
- Reporting on and monitoring key metrics, driving data quality initiatives across the product area, and helping define future needs of the product area
- Developing and tracking performance metrics, creating presentations, and generally providing financial analysis on a variety of topics to senior management
- Performing variance analysis to understand the key drivers of the results and presenting commentary to senior managers, explaining changes from prior forecasts/budgets
- Helping design new reports and dashboards to efficiently deliver the financial results to senior management
- Enhancing controls and streamlining processes, introducing automation where possible
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a subject of a technical nature
- 3+ years of work experience, preferably in Financial Services, and/or accounting/controller background
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Proficiency with data mining/gathering and manipulation of data sets
- Inquisitive, enthusiastic and diligent, and capable of challenging peers
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to articulate complex issues clearly
- Ability to create ad hoc reporting for senior management
- Proven track record for executing on special projects / assignments, often with little lead time or information
- Highly motivated and able to thrive and think clearly under pressure and tight deadlines
- Team player with the ability to be respected as a trusted partner for the Business, Finance, and FP&A Teams
- Highly motivated self-starter with excellent time management/prioritization skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills with ability to analyze large data sets and present conclusions concisely
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.