We are looking for a Director, Portfolio Manager for our San Antonio, Texas office or it can be a 100% Remote work environment.
Responsible for a team that governs CoSA or local portfolios and ensures compliance to applicable policies, procedures, standards, controls and regulations. Partners with Executive Sponsors, Program Sponsors, business owners and additional stakeholders to ensure alignment to strategic objectives and effective prioritization, planning, delivery and benefits realization of work efforts.
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensure risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follow written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Oversees, governs and is accountable for low to moderate level of complexity, CoSA or local portfolio (i.e., Staff Agency Portfolio).
- Accountable for completion of governance routines.
- Responsible for overseeing the portfolio on an ongoing basis, to resolve and disseminate information.
- Identifies, manages and resolves systemic cross-work risks / issues and interdependency conflicts.
- Manages risk to overall portfolio and escalates issues as needed.
- Ensures effective financial and resource management of overall portfolio, assisting in managing portfolio expenses to achieve business value.
- Monitors work efforts for stale projects and need for resolution, including termination proposal if applicable.
- Works with Enterprise Integrated Planning (EIP) to influence prioritization and sequencing of work efforts within portfolio, as applicable.
- Monitors and makes decisions pertinent to scope changes as needed.
- Reviews and resolves risk and issue escalations for portfolio, identifies need for escalations as needed.
- Communicates regularly with Executive Sponsors, Program Sponsors, business owners, and additional stakeholders as required.
- Establishes and manages critical path by mapping out and managing work effort scheduling and interdependencies based on constraints and risks.
- Reviews health and performance of portfolio regularly and identifies performance improvement opportunities.
- Facilitates processes/ceremonies to define work efforts and monitor portfolio success via recognized methodologies i.e. outcomes, key results, etc.
- Ensures compliance of Portfolio with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required).
- Leverages existing change management routines as needed.
- Drives the adoption and sustainment of changes within the organization in compliance with USAA’s Change Management framework.
- Bachelor’s Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of progressive program or portfolio management experience to include process improvement and/or consulting for large strategic efforts.
- 2 years of experience leading across complex organizational lines in a matrix structure.
- Advanced understanding of project, program and portfolio management and principles.
- Highly proficient in the full life cycle experience managing strategic and operational work efforts.
- Experience on portfolio management and execution experience delivering complex work efforts working with Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- 3 years SAFe methodology experience and well versed with Scaled Agile Framework’s Portfolio Management methodology.
- Currently possess at least one of the following: Certified Project Manager (CPM), Lean Portfolio Management Certification, Project Management Professional (PMP) or gain one within 6 months of placement.
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- 5+ years’ experience working within a large financial institution (consumer card, deposits, payments, lending, real estate)
- 3+ years experience Leading a Portfolio (prioritization, spend) for a business unit within a large financial institution
- Experience with both Waterfall and Agile methodologies
- Expert knowledge of Rally and/or Jira
Source: USAA’s RealCo’s Career Page
About USAA Real Estate Company
USAA Real Estate Company (RealCo) manages $17 billion in real estate assets on behalf of institutional investors across the world. Founded in 1982 as the real estate investment arm of USAA, the firm's portfolio includes equity and debt investments in multifamily, office, retail, industrial, hotel, and medical office properties.
The company acquires and develops institutional quality real estate in North America and Europe as well as originates mortgage loans. Career opportunities at USAA include roles in portfolio management, asset management, investor relations, capital raising, debt origination, acquisitions, and development.