The Head of Corporate Properties is the leader for the management, oversight, and strategic development of the company’s real estate portfolio. This person has responsibility for a $200 million budget, 2.5 million square feet portfolio across 65 global corporate offices to support Invesco 8,000 employees. This leader interacts with key stakeholders, both internal and external, to deliver a real estate strategy that integrates workforce and workplace analyses. The position requires a highly motivated, results-driven person with 15 years+ of experience managing real estate portfolios and experience to support development opportunities.
Key Responsibilities / Duties:
- Deliver on real estate commitments by partnering with and influencing stakeholders at all levels in the organization.
- The ability to develop strong relationships is a core capability as it is essential to effectively partner with senior management, employees, landlords, brokers, architects, etc.
- Establish departmental goals and manage the Corporate Properties team to achieve its objectives while providing oversight and structure
- Oversee the negotiation, management and administration of all global facilities leases, including the development of a long-term leasing and space planning strategy while ensuring alignment with business objectives
- Oversee the team managing all facilities projects globally to ensure on-time, on-budget delivery to Invesco standards
- Develop and manage the facilities budgets for all global offices
- Manage third party facility management provider to deliver a high level of customer service across all global sites within budget constraint
- Ensure physical security processes and policies are addressed and implemented at all sites
- Utilize financial skills and acumen to identify and execute upon efficiencies, optimizing investments in our global real estate footprint
- Provide a safe and comfortable physical work environment for all departments and employees of the company
- Efficiently integrate real estate acquired through mergers and acquisitions
- Lead corporate properties team to successfully implement location strategy
- Maintain the optimal balance of in-house real estate staff with outsourced real estate consulting practices and global properties brokers consulting practices
- Oversee the health, safety and environmental program to ensure compliance with regulatory requirements and delivering on strategy
Work Experience / Knowledge:
- 15+ years of experience in lease, facilities and office services management including project management of large initiatives within a complex organization
- Experience in the financial or professional services industry is preferred demonstrated success in operations, processes and systems
- Proven record of overseeing the implementation of strategies and reporting to senior management on progress
- Demonstrated ability to lead, manage and drive performance for teams and projects
- Proven experience with real estate formalities including acquisitions, dispositions, new leases and renewals including long-term lease management across global locations.
- Familiarity with Lease Administration and the delivery of documents, reports, and metrics.
Skills / Other Personal Attributes Required:
- Must be articulate, have excellent oral, written communication and analytical skills
- Must have a high level of financial acumen, and knowledge of GAAP lease accounting rules
- Able to influence, negotiate and communicate with confidence
- Must be driven, able to multi-task and deliver on-time and within budget
- Demonstrated professionalism and integrity
- Able to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
- Able to travel globally to meet reasonable business requirements
Formal Education: (minimum requirement to perform job duties)
- Bachelors in Business, Engineering or similar degree; Post-graduate degree or professional designations (such as PMP or MBA) preferred
FLSA (US Only): Exempt
Source: Invesco’s Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.