The USCDF team is seeking an assistant portfolio manager to join their team New York/New Jersey. This individual will have a variety of responsibilities assisting in the day to day management of the USCDF portfolio as well as client relationship management and business development, and will work closely with originations, credit, portfolio analytics, operations, servicing, and asset management. The USCDF is a newly launched fund that is expected to grow significantly over the next few years. The successful candidate will need to creative, thoughtful and “hands-on” and able to jump in to multiple areas of need to supplement the team where resources may become stretched from time to time.
- Assist in the development of Fund’s investment strategy and tactical targets to meet fund objectives
- Analyze investment results and portfolio performance
- Manage valuation process for the loan portfolio
- Work closely with portfolio analytics team to manage client and business development requests and to ensure portfolio management items (e.g., cash management, internal reporting) are produced efficiently and on time
- Ensure that tax and operations teams are delivering timely and accurate financial and tax reporting
Originations & Asset Management
- Help to define the investment appetite of the Fund, taking into account the overall Fund strategy and positioning and communicate messaging broadly and effectively across the platform
- Work with Originations and Credit in identifying and evaluating investment opportunities.
- Develop close working relationships with credit officers to understand underwriting and rating of investments.
- Work closely with asset management and servicing teams to maintain oversight of the portfolio and its performance
Client Relationship Management & Business Development
- Assist in developing messaging for client reports and pitch materials with a particular emphasis on analyses supporting why commercial mortgage loans are a valuable addition to a fixed income portfolio.
- Partner with the business development team on helping to develop and track marketing plan for the Fund, including identifying promising sales channels and developing and maintaining relationships with key consultants and clients.
- Assist in new fund-raising efforts; represent the portfolio management team in meetings with current and prospective clients.
- Assist in responding to client and consultant requests, inquiries and issues.
Your Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in business administration, economics, finance or real estate. CFA or Master’s Degree with an emphasis on finance, economics or real estate, preferred.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in commercial real estate asset debt or private fixed income credit portfolio management or similar discipline.
- Broad knowledge of credit markets including fixed income valuation and drivers of performance, credit analysis and ratings, risk and performance measures, as well as an understanding of the various public and private components of the market and how investors allocate among them
- Real estate knowledge and experience in financial analysis of real estate debt or equity transactions including in originations, underwriting, credit, acquisition or sales, brokerage or similar.
- Understanding of economics and risk/rewards involved in various types of real estate transactions.
- Understanding of portfolio goals and how specific properties contribute to performance.
- Knowledge of fund accounting, financial reporting, diversification strategies, and attribution analysis.
- High standard of moral and ethical judgment and behavior.
- Ability to think strategically and creatively.
- Highly motivated and results oriented.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain key relationships with clients and consultants.
- Ability to lead and inspire team members.
Source: PGIM Real Estate Career Page
About PGIM Real Estate
PGIM Real Estate is the real estate investment business of PGIM, Inc., the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $66 billion ($47.6 billion net) as of December 31, 2016. PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies.