Loan Services is seeking a High Yield Real Estate Analyst. This position will be located in Dallas, TX. The successful candidate will manage analysis and reporting for a short-term, leveraged portfolio of pre-stabilized, transitional mortgage loans, mezzanine loans, and preferred equity transactions
- Strong understanding of financial statements, models, capital structures and credit markets.
- Proficiency in analyzing company business plans, generating and calibrating financial models, and applying critical thinking skills.
- Ability to make recommendations to multiple portfolio managers with different portfolio strategies.
- Strong excel modeling skills and experience using macros in VBA
- Working with Sr. Asset Managers to monitor business plans in multiple property sectors to ensure timely execution of the defined exit strategy.
- Comparing operating performance to budgets and loan covenants.
- Compiling and reviewing monthly performance figures for each property in the portfolio in the team’s monthly reporting workbook.
- Monitoring market trends in comparison to asset performance.
- Collecting, analyzing, documenting, and submitting borrower request packages (credit actions) to Team Manager/Portfolio Management for approval. Credit actions to include: Advance or reserve disbursements, budget reviews, modifications, extensions, partial releases, ownership transfers, lease approvals, SNDA’s, easement requests, and management changes.
- Coordinating inspections as needed. Complete inspection reports and documentation with critical findings and incorporating issues in action plans. Inspections to include adherence to construction budget with variance reporting.
- Reviewing loan performance and working with Team Manager regarding loans that should be placed on watchlist. Updating watchlist information, proactively monitoring property operating performance and trends and report findings based on PGIM RE guidelines.
- Partnering with the Loan Services servicing team in monitoring and curing loan delinquencies, loan level suspense items, and monitoring letters of credit.
- Maintaining and fostering relationships with borrowers, intermediaries, investors, and the originations teams.
- Working with lender counsel and borrowers regarding loan document interpretation.
- Preparing ongoing monthly asset reporting.
- Reviewing, analyzing, and processing loss draft claims and completion reserve escrows, ensuring that all capital source requirements are met.
- Staying current with all regulations, policies and procedures, and industry trends.
Your Required Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Real Estate, Finance, Accounting, Economics, or related discipline, and minimum of 1 to 3 years related commercial loan servicing/asset management experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Underwriting experience a plus.
- Knowledge of commercial real estate lending products/terms and applicable servicing requirements.
- Ability to work well in a virtual team environment and assist team members
- Prior experience with structured debt products a plus.
- Prior experience with review of legal documentation preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills are essential.
- Excellent quantitative skills including forecasting, recovery, and probability analysis
- Strong interpersonal/customer service skills essential with the ability to create/build and maintain relations with internal and external parties.
- Strong organizational skills required with the ability to multi-task, work independently and as part of a team in a time sensitive environment where meeting established deadlines are critical.
- Self-starter/motivated and detail oriented.
- Individual should have an open, creative, and innovative mindset.
- Ability to efficiently utilize proprietary technology and strong personal computer skills (Excel, Word, Outlook).
Source: Prudential’s Career Page
About PGIM Real Estate
PGIM Real Estate is the real estate investment business of PGIM, Inc., the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $66 billion ($47.6 billion net) as of December 31, 2016. PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies.