Are you highly motivated, intellectually curious and willing to jump in to make impactful contributions? Are you ready to be a key contributor to a team and help get the job done? If so, then becoming a Real Estate Investment Analyst within a culture that treats our talent like an investment might be the right job for you! We are looking for an astute, determined professional like you to fulfill a critical Investment Analyst position supporting our US Debt Fund.
The Real Estate Investment Analyst position is typically a three-year assignment. Based on business needs, strong performance and mutual agreement, a one year extension may occur.
Job responsibilities may include the following:
- Analyze and underwrite commercial real estate debt investment opportunities across all property types, structures, risk profiles, and geographies.
- Create cash flow models, Argus models, sensitivity tables, rent roll analyses, waterfall models, and other financial analyses required to evaluate, pursue, and close debt investment opportunities.
- Prepare Investment Committee memoranda and related materials through market research, risk analysis, and in-depth understanding of investment factors and credit risks.
- Analyze economic, market, legal, and political conditions within an investment’s geography.
- Assist senior professionals in leading the due diligence and closing processes for originations in conjunction with portfolio management team.
- Assist in loan level financings, appraisal review, and other activities that may require feedback from the debt originations or real estate transactions group, portfolio management team, or loan servicing group.
Your Desired Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required in Finance, Real Estate, or related discipline.
- 1-3 years commercial real estate work experience.
- Understanding of basic real estate terms and concepts such as net leases, gross leases, contracts, rents, percentage rents, operating expenses, capital expenditures, expense recoveries, property types.
- Understanding of basic finance concepts such as amortization, interest rates, net operating income, cash flow returns, cap rates, internal rate of return, present value/discounted cash flow, and property valuations.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel; proficiency in Argus Enterprise is preferred.
- Strong quantitative skills and demonstrated analytical ability.
- Ability to operate independently and in a team environment, with good judgement and attention to detail while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Interact professionally with internal and external parties, including originations, transactions, risk, legal, developers, investment firms, borrowers, and third-party service providers
- Self-motivated with perseverance, and a hands-on, proactive style
- Some travel required
Source: PGIM Real Estate Career Page
About PGIM Real Estate
PGIM Real Estate is the real estate investment business of PGIM, Inc., the global investment management businesses of Prudential Financial, Inc. (NYSE: PRU). Redefining the real estate investing landscape since 1970, PGIM Real Estate has professionals in 18 cities in the Americas, Europe and Asia Pacific with deep local knowledge and expertise, and gross assets under management of $66 billion ($47.6 billion net) as of December 31, 2016. PGIM Real Estate’s tenured team offers to its global client base a broad range of real estate investment vehicles that span the risk-return spectrum across core, core plus, value-add, debt, securities, and specialized investment strategies.