The Portfolio Operations Director will ensure that the company’s financial, business and customer service objectives are achieved. Results will be achieved through the successful implementation of corporate and regional programs as well as proactive, regionally specific initiatives and strategies that further help promote the optimum performance of the portfolio.
Education: Bachelors degree or 5+ years of progressive responsibility in property management, hospitality or retail industry.
Experience: 5+ years of multi-site, multi-family, multi-property type operational management experience, preferably with a portfolio of properties that contain a mix of residential property types: high-rise, mid-rise and garden style or similar as a Portfolio Manager, Regional Property Manager or a comparable role in hotel/resort management
- Strong Leadership presence and proven track record in associate development
- Experience managing a large group of associates
- Outstanding customer service skills
- Outstanding interpersonal skills with the ability to work effectively with a wide variety of people and various support groups
- Analytical skills; must have demonstrated strong problem solving and quantitative abilities
- Experience managing property rehab and development projects from planning, to implementation, to completion.
- Financial acumen; must be well versed in budget preparation, pro forma project accounting and in tracking performance against pro-formas.
Source: Avalon Bay Career Page
AvalonBay Communities, Inc. is one of the nation’s leading Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), in the business of developing, redeveloping, acquiring and managing high-quality apartment communities in high barrier-to-entry markets of the United States. These markets are located in the Northeast, Mid-Atlantic, Pacific Northwest and Northern and Southern California regions of the country. AvalonBay owns and operates approximately 82,000 apartment homes in the US and employ approximately 3,000 associates.