The Real Estate Analyst assists with incoming small balance loan requests in the newly created Digital Lending Solutions Team. They will assist the Transaction Manager in guiding the potential borrower throughout the inquiry process, from facilitating discovery conversations to determine viability as small loan borrower to liaising between the origination/underwriting teams if the borrower meets program requirements. The Analyst will become a subject matter expert on multifamily lending, specifically the terms and requirements of the Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan programs.
- Provide support to the Transaction Manager for qualifying leads from marketing campaigns based on previously defined criteria
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan programs
- Prepare loan submission packages, including a preliminary underwriting narrative, cash flow analysis, estimated value and loan sizing
- Collaborate with origination and underwriting teams
- Help manage borrower relationship throughout the transaction lifecycle, including the coordination and scheduling of due diligence requirements and property inspections
- Collect and track lead information and documentation
- Engage regularly with Operations, Marketing, and Product Design to provide feedback for continual improvement of the prospective borrower qualification process, marketing campaigns, social media activities, content, and technology and tools
- Resolve minor access and/or technical issues experienced with client-facing website
What you will need to be successful in this role
- One to two years prior experience in account management, sales, or as an analyst within a Finance and/or Real Estate organization.
- Excellent Verbal and Written Communication Skills – Ability to communicate a value proposition in a concise, compelling manner to potential borrowers of differing sophistication levels. Demonstrate effective due diligence skills with the ability to ask poignant questions to identify potential borrower approval hurdles.
- Analytical – Ability to review real estate cashflow data, property, and borrower characteristics, and identify the specific information to request to determine small loan program eligibility and offer solutions that are most helpful for the potential borrower.
- Excel at Collaborating in a Team Environment.
- Excellent Excel, Word, and PowerPoint skills.
- Excellent Time Management and Organizational skills.
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.