Work closely with Global Asset Management, Finance, Investor Relations and Legal & Compliance teams to support Portfolio Management in its oversight of Blackstone Real Estate’s global portfolio. Portfolio Management directs the efforts to value, track, analyze and report on Blackstone’s global real estate portfolio. Portfolio Management is also responsible for integrating information flows across the portfolio which involves bespoke projects as well as a number of initiatives involving technology and business analytics. This role involves significant coordination across various teams within Blackstone Real Estate and requires strong general real estate knowledge as well as financial modeling, business acumen, professionalism and communication skills. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, team members have the opportunity to assume integral roles on the team and be staffed on a number of assignments at once.
Analysts will work on a wide range of projects and assignments. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Portfolio Composition and Analytics
- Quarterly Valuation Process
- Disposition and Distribution Summaries Analyses
- Portfolio Company Liaison
- Quarterly and Ad Hoc Investor Reporting Deliverables
- Quarterly Internal Firmwide Deliverables
- Oversee Global Audit Process
- Global Technology Initiatives
- Environment, Social and Governance Tracking and Reporting
- Development of Presentations
- Coordination Organization of Global Projects and Deliverables
- Fund Activity and Performance Analysis
- Special Ad Hoc Projects Coordination with Senior Management
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to be a collaborative team player
- Ability to contribute to a positive culture
- Good judgment
- Self-starter, highly organized, and detail oriented
- Strong analytical aptitude
- Fluency in Microsoft Excel and proficiency in Microsoft PowerPoint
- 1 year minimum experience
- Prior Real Estate Investment, Investment Banking, or Portfolio Fund management experience preferred
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.