Our Chicago office is seeking a Senior Associate in Financial Operations & Analysis.
The responsibilities of a Senior Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Review, analyze and interpret accounting records, financial statements, footnotes or other financial reports to assess accuracy and completeness
- Lead in review and approval of complex accounting transactions including acquisitions, dispositions, and waterfall calculations
- Assist with year-end audit and address audit questions/requests
- Lead reviews of distributions, income/capital estimates, returns, NAV, and investor statements
- Communicate and interact with asset manager(s), fund administration firm and JV partners
- Review and assist in preparations of monthly, quarterly and annual reports for investors, consultants and other stakeholders including understanding financial information, performance returns and leasing
- Lead in coordination, preparation and analysis of quarterly property and debt valuations
- Prepare and review documents to ensure compliance with Investment, Joint Venture, Property Management, and Fund Administration agreements
- Review and analyze property and fund/account budgets and help prepare strategic business plans
- Prepare fund models and projections noting variances and trends
- Projects include due diligence review of real estate acquisitions and dispositions, leasehold analysis, and consultant/client questionnaires or other projects to assist Portfolio Management in maximizing investor value and best-in-class client service
- Supervise, train and mentor Associates
- Develop leadership skills by demonstrating a willingness to lead projects and offer input
- Minimum of 3 years of financial, accounting, or real estate experience
- High-performing accounting and/or finance graduate
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Deadline driven with high attention to detail
- Highly analytical with strong problem solving skills
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package including Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Supervisory experience is a plus.
- Experience in Argus and Yardi software is a plus
Source: Heitman Career Page
With over $37 billion in assets under management, Heitman is one of the world's premier real estate investment firms. Founded in the mid-1960s, Heitman is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices around the world including teams in Chicago, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne.
Heitman's real estate investment strategies include private investments in real estate equity and debt as well as public real estate equity investments. The company actively manages separate account and commingled fund portfolios focused on core, value-add, and opportunistic strategies across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company is also an active participant in the market for mezzanine and senior debt and offers investment management expertise to institutional investors interested in real estate securities.