Senior Associates’ primary focus will be on portfolio management and investment opportunities. Portfolio management duties include: visiting communities within the portfolio; monitoring and evaluating performance at the portfolio and community level; summarizing and reporting performance to senior management; and participation in monthly and quarterly meetings with Operators. Underwriting key responsibilities include: underwriting potential acquisition and development opportunities; operator/client credit analysis; review and analysis of business plans, management teams, budgets and financial statements, both at the company-wide and individual property or portfolio level. The role will include significant client interaction so interpersonal skills are integral. The Investment Team is at the forefront of the growth of the business and has ownership of working on all new investments from the initial valuation and deal structuring through detailed due diligence and closing.
- Monitor portfolio performance for seniors housing and healthcare properties
- Summarizing and reporting performance to senior leadership
- Visiting communities within the portfolio
- Customer and Investor interface
- Financial analysis and forecasting
- Real estate valuation
- Market analysis/site selection
- Demographic and utilization analysis
- Credit analysis
- Business plan review
- Manage deal process
- Legal document review
- Participation in monthly and quarterly meetings with Operators
- Strategic and tactical analysis of new markets & segments
- Assistance with cross-departmental activities in the US and UK
- Day-to-day office management, as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- The ability to work independently is required.
- strong communication skills: presentation, written, and oral
- strong team player with a focus towards customer service
- ability to self-motivate and work in a dynamic environment
- strong analytical skills
- ability and willingness to manage both strategic and tactical responsibilities associated with being a member of a small, remote based team
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Experience: Between 5-10 years of relevant work experience is required. Experience in commercial real estate or healthcare investing, lending, investment banking, or investment sales is strongly preferred.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in finance or related field required.
Source: Welltower Career Page
Welltower (NYSE: HCN), formerly known as Healthcare REIT, is a healthcare real estate focused real estate investment trust headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. The company acquires, develops, and manages senior living, memory care, and assisted living facilities. With an enterprise value of $38.5 billion (as of 1Q 2017), Welltower is the fourth largest public real estate company and the largest healthcare REIT in the country.
Welltower partners with senior care operators such as Sunrise Senior Living, Brookdale Senior Living, and Genesis to provide senior housing, long-term post-acute care, and outpatient medical services to over 210,000 residents across 1375 properties in the United States, Canada and the UK. Welltower is based in Toledo, Ohio and has regional offices in Toronto, Canada and London. Its real estate services group is based in Juniper, Florida.