The Senior Analyst, Finance (SFA) will join the Finance team within one of Brookfield’s business groups: Infrastructure, Private Equity, Real Estate or the Corporate group. Located in our head office in Downtown Toronto, the SFA role is a highly visible position that provides the foundation, guidance and exposure towards a challenging and dynamic career. The SFA will be involved at various depths with financial reporting, treasury and liquidity, compliance, investor relations, business planning and forecasting. There is also opportunity to provide leadership and mentorship to co-op students and new hires.
- Prepare consolidated financial statements on a quarterly and annual basis and actively participate and lead the resolution of complex technical accounting issues, including coordination with auditors and operating platforms
- Compile, analyze and report on corporate and key business platforms including operating metrics;
- Manage fund operations, including compliance, controls and investor requests
- Monitoring and reporting of treasury, derivatives, risk, liquidity and capital management;
- Assist in preparation of various analyses and reports for senior management to support their business decision making, and for the board of directors
- Prepare analyses as part of fundraising process for new private funds
- Involvement with preparation of forecasting and business planning process;
- Prepare consolidated financial forecasts, track operating results of subsidiaries spanning multiple segments and five continents and articulate findings to key stakeholders
- Support Brookfield’s annual valuation process including in-depth review of models/long-term assumptions and the preparation of consolidated management presentations
- Ad-hoc analyses and presentations on platform financial and operational results, as well as supporting any special projects
- Three to five (3-5) years of progressive work experience in an accounting or auditing function
- A recognized professional accounting designation (CPA, CA)
- Strong financial systems experience, including advanced Excel skills
- Demonstrated leadership ability and is a team player, willing to always support the team
- Can work in a dynamic, complex, fast-paced environment, adapt quickly to manage changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Self-motivated and pro-active, with respect to both managing workload and professional development
Source: Brookfield Career Page
Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over 115 years of investment experience. The firm currently has over $285 Billion in assets under management (as of Feb. 2018) managed by more than 70,000 people in over 30 countries.
The firm invests across real estate, private equity, infrastructure, and renewable energy. Brookfield owns and operates a real estate portfolio containing $155 billion worth of assets under management and over 450 million square feet of iconic real estate across all asset classes and throughout the world.