The Vice President, GSE Small Loan will build and lead Berkadia’s new Small Loan team in a specified region. The Vice President, GSE Small Loan will need to bring innovation and insight into coordinating and managing the origination and underwriting process for Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac Small Balance Loans ($750k – $7.5MM). The Vice President, GSE Small Loan should be driven to learn and lead a new tech-enabled process. They will manage a regional team and partner with Vice Presidents in other regions to revolutionize the strategy and growth of Small Balance Loans for Berkadia clients.
- Provide initial review of deal opportunities and recommend best course of action and product execution
- Work closely with agency contacts to obtain the necessary waivers and approvals (if necessary)
- Analyze and review borrower credit information and structure, third party reports, property financial and physical information to determine deal viability
- Perform site inspection due diligence to evaluate market competitiveness of the proposed collateral and to determine economic feasibility of the projected income stream
- Prepare underwriting narratives and independent cash flow value estimates
- Present recommendations to the appropriate approval committee, including all key documentation (term sheets, applications, commitments, credit memos, etc.)
- Manage and train a dedicated team of analysts
- Communicate consistently with Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking production network and manage borrower clients through the approval and closing process
- Manage the closing process and deliver the necessary documents and loan information to Berkadia’s servicing team and agencies
- Act as a Berkadia subject matter expert and product specialist on small multifamily agency (GSE) loans
- Educate Berkadia’s Mortgage Banking production network on agency requirements and available loan products for small loans
- Work collaboratively with the Mortgage Banking production network to market the various loan products to their borrower clients
- Conduct and participate in customer meetings and conference calls
What you will need to be successful in this role
- Experience in Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac SBL Underwriting
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Five to seven years prior experience in a similar position.
Source: Berkadia Career Page
Berkadia, a joint venture of Berkshire Hathaway and Leucadia National Corporation, offers mortgage banking, investment sales and loan servicing offerings to multifamily and commercial property owners in the United States. With over 1,300 experienced industry professionals operating out of 75 offices in primary and secondary market across the United States, Berkadia is one of the largest multifamily services firms in the country.
The company's 100% focus on the real estate multifamily sector differentiates it from its peers and has allowed it to excel at its core competency, namely providing industry-best investment sales advisory, debt placement, structured finance, private equity, and apartment advisory services.