Tagged: 

• Author

rthrelk
    Participant

Curious about self storage modelling and underwriting. Is this in the works and, if so, when do you expect to roll this module out?

mm
    Spencer Burton
    Keymaster

Adding functionality for modeling self storage in the Ai1 would be a simple thing. The challenge I have, is I have limited experience modeling this property type. Specifically, I’m not as familiar with the income and expense items typical with self storage. If you, or someone reading this, has a self storage operating statement you’d be willing to share, I could quickly add this property type to the model.

CherokeeCox
    Participant

Hi, Spencer:

I have P&L statements and supporting financials from a self-storage facility I considered purchasing in 2016 (primarily dating between 2013-2015 with a couple of 2016 items). The property did not offer many amenities, but should give you a good foundation to build from. I can easily redact sensitive information and pass them along if you’re still willing to incorporate a self-storage component into the Ai1.

Most helpful, though, might be a self-storage acquisition model I purchased at that time to aid in our decision.

I’d rather not post the materials to this message string, but I will pass along anything that will be helpful via email or whatever medium is most conveinent.

Love the website and am happy to contribute!

• This reply was modified 1 year, 6 months ago by  CherokeeCox. Reason: Forgot to select the "notify me by email" box before the first submission
    mm
    Spencer Burton
    Keymaster

I just saw this response to the Self-storage thread – sorry for the delay! If you’re still willing, I’d love to use the Self Storage P&L statements to help build out a Self-Storage module. You can reach me at:

Petersoc
    Participant
    This reply has been marked as private.

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.