Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

This is more a personal curiosity, but in your company provided templates, they are formatted to a certain set of columns and rows. How do I unlock the sheet to enter data in some of the other cells? For example, in your direct cap tab, I wanted to add some notes in row 48, but anything after 47 is locked, how do I change this setting?

Thank you

User AvatarSpencer Burton
    Keymaster

I’m glad you brought this up. As a general practice, I hide any unnecessary rows and columns from my models. I do this for a few reasons.

1) To avoid unintentionally moving my cursor to the far end of the worksheet and make it easier to move around the work space with keystrokes
    2) To avoid unintentionally adding data or formatting to the far end of the worksheet
    3) I personally like the clean look

So to your question, how do you get access to those hidden rows/columns. Rather than give written instructions, allow me to explain via video.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I’ve worked in excel for a long time and never realized that all you needed to do was hide the entire sheet. The video was very helpful, thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.