Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive

Spencer,

In the partitioning IRR video you mentioned in passing partitioning out tax benefits and used opportunity zones as an example. Will quantifying tax benefits be covered later on in the accelerator? Will we be shown how to partition tax benefits later on? This is of interest to me, particularly as it relates to opportunity zones.

Thank you,

Matt

User AvatarSpencer Burton
    Keymaster

Hi Matt – thanks for the question.

We do not directly cover after-tax analysis in the Accelerator. This is largely because analysis in real estate is done on a before-tax basis. But also because tax treatment varies from country to country, state to state, and property to property.

In terms of modeling the tax benefits of Opportunity Zone investments in the United States. We won’t be covering that in the Accelerator as Michael and I are far from experts on the subject. I should mention however that we are trying to put some content together for the blog side of the website on the subject, and have actually connected with someone who knows the ins and outs of OZ funds. But I can’t say what the final product will look like exactly, whether it will be a full model or just a discussion on the subject.

Spencer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.