Arbor Management Acquisitions Company (“AMAC”) currently has an opening in its Manhattan office for an Acquisitions Associate. The candidate will be responsible for underwriting, presenting and sourcing new opportunities as well as formulating strategies on properties within the portfolio.
AMAC is a real estate investment and operating firm based in New York that focuses on multifamily properties. Founded in 2012, AMAC has acquired approximately $1.75 Billion of real estate nationwide. The company has pursued investments in stabilized assets, distressed portfolios, value-add strategies and ground-up developments. AMAC targets assets within New York City, Maryland, Washington D.C., Virginia, Florida, Texas, North Carolina, South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama and Tennessee. Currently, AMAC is developing a 402-unit asset in North Miami and has additional ground-up development projects in the pipeline.
In 2017, AMAC’s principals founded GreenTree Management to exclusively manage over 30 of its properties in New York City.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
The Acquisitions Associate will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Create detailed financial models utilizing Microsoft Excel
- Tour new acquisition opportunities and competitive properties in various markets across the US; conduct site visits and formal meetings with brokers, sellers and lenders
- Assist the transactions team with executing all aspects of the investment process, including reviewing market data, financial statements, budgets and 3rd party reports
- Complete investment packages for lenders, investors and the investment team
- Present investment conclusions to senior investment team and participate in investment meetings with senior management
- Research key real estate fundamentals to formulate investment strategies
Education: Bachelor’s degree in real estate or finance
Experience: 2-4 years of experience in real estate acquisitions, finance or investment banking
- Highly motivated, hard-working and focused on succeeding
- Strong interest in real estate and the multifamily sector
- Excellent research, analytical, organizational, writing and communication skills
- Thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point, Word
- For more information on AMAC and the portfolio, please visit our website www.AMACHoldings.com.
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.