ArborCrowd is seeking an Acquisition Intern who will work directly with the Director of Acquisitions and receive hands-on experience modeling potential multi-family acquisitions.
As a startup, ArborCrowd employees have an “all hands on deck” approach to our work, and working together in collaboration is a key to our success.
The internship requires a person with a proactive and enthusiastic attitude. Less than a decade old, real estate crowdfunding is a relatively new industry and the successful candidate will have the exciting opportunity to participate in the evolution of our product and customer, which will help shape the entire industry. Experience in private equity, finance or commercial real estate is helpful but not required.
While this position will start as an internship, there is potential to become a full-time employee afterwards.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
The Acquisition Intern will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Create in depth Excel models to analyze new acquisitions and dispositions
- Assist with investment packages for lenders, investors and the investment team
- Research key real estate fundamentals to formulate investment strategies
- Utilize conventional and innovative tools to identify new opportunities
- Ongoing hold, sell, and refinance reviews of existing properties within the portfolio
Education: Bachelor’s degree in real estate or finance and/or currently enrolled in a Graduate/ Undergraduate Program.
Experience: 1 year of experience in real estate acquisitions, finance or investment banking. Previous internship experience will apply.
- Highly motivated, hard-working and focused on succeeding
- Strong interest in real estate and the multifamily sector
- Excellent research, analytical, organizational, writing and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent writing skills. A writing sample may be requested.
- Positive attitude, team-player, motivated self-starter, excellent interpersonal skills, creative and pro-active.
- Desires an exciting fast paced “start-up” environment.
- Ability to roll up sleeves and be prepared to work hard.
- Strong academic record.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word.
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.