The Global, Liquid Real Assets team is looking to hire a Research / Investment analyst, Associate/Junior VP level, in New York. The position entails conducting fundamental, bottoms up, financial research across a number of public companies in the real estate and infrastructure, investable universe. The analyst will provide support to the senior portfolio managers on financial modeling of companies and investment ideas, as well as ensuring that portfolio construction and risk are appropriate to meet client objectives. The analyst will be a member of the larger, global Fundamental Equity team, which manages over $80B of client assets, working with more than 75 global, investment professionals. The position offers a path towards increasing investment responsibilities
- Financial modeling of public, real estate and infrastructure companies, by forecasting cash flow, balance sheet and valuation estimates.
- Make investment recommendations to senior portfolio managers
- Meet and assess management teams, as well as visit properties, to enhance investment analyses
- Ensure that investment recommendations are aligned with client investment objectives
- Monitor risk analyses of the portfolios and markets
- Market based analyses
- Assist in asset raising and formulating marketing materials for existing and prospective clients.
- Demonstrated orientation toward, and interest in, understanding public, real assets markets and investment management
- Exceptional analytical and quantitative abilities, including a high level of proficiency in market data applications such as Microsoft Excel
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Sense of accountability and dedication to continuous professional improvement
- Aptitude to manage multiple tasks by demonstrating project planning, organization, and time management skills
- Ideally 3-7 years of industry experience
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.