The Debt Analyst will play an important role in the London regional office’s loan origination efforts by completing in-depth property and market analyses, assisting in the internal loan committee approval process and closing senior commercial mortgage loan opportunities. The Debt Analyst will provide primary support to the Debt Team’s mortgage production and loan management efforts for the MetLife General Account and investment management clients, while providing secondary support to the higher-yielding MIM lending strategies.
- Support the London regional office Debt Team in the sourcing and originating of new mortgage loans by providing quantitative financial modeling and market analysis used in the property underwriting, valuation and evaluation of potential opportunities across a range of property types and geographies.
- Collaborate with Debt Team members, brokers, property owners, attorneys and other transaction counterparts to perform due diligence throughout the closing process.
- Play a major role in the preparation of investment memoranda and participate in deal presentations to the debt investment committee.
- Assist with loan asset management throughout the loan term, including property financial statement analysis, investor reporting and property inspections.
- Perform internal and external ad hoc reporting, pipeline tracking using MetLife’s proprietary mortgage production system and provide systems database support.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Real Estate, Economics, Math, Statistics, Liberal Arts or a related field of study.
- At least 2 years relevant experience with demonstrated understanding of commercial real estate valuation and cash flow modelling; Including professionals with any of the following:
- Loan manager
- Debt analyst
- Loan originator
- Results orientated team player. Emphasis on communication skills (both oral and written), ability to handle multiple assignments, strong work ethic and time management skills.
- Strong quantitative and computer skills, specifically advanced Excel modeling (exposure to Argus a plus).
- Preference given to candidates who have relevant experience (Excel, Word and PowerPoint) and familiarity with the commercial real estate market data resources.
- In order to post for this position, you need the proper work authorization to work in the country where the position is located and not require relocation assistance.
Source: MetLife Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.