The Asset Management Analyst is responsible for providing support for a variety of asset management functions, including, but not limited to, assistance with budgeting/reforecasting, financial analysis (NPV, DCF, IRR, etc.), competitive landscape research, and ad hoc projects as required. This role may be located in Toledo, OH, Jupiter, FL, or Dallas, TX.
- Assist in the development, review and analysis of annual portfolio and property budgets, including leasing and revenue assumptions, operating expenses, and capital expenditures
- Assist in the development of quarterly reforecast, including operating expenses, revenue assumptions, and capital expenditures
- Preparation and presentation of annual, quarterly and monthly materials and ad hoc requests as required by JV partners and senior management
- Assist with the monitoring and reporting of NOI, expense and other variances through monthly and quarterly reporting
- Property level and portfolio level reporting trend analysis, active involvement with Asset Management team on compilation of market studies, competitive analysis and strategy
- Monitoring property and portfolio level performance metrics and preparing quarterly analysis and reports
- Conducting property visits and preparing property and local market assessments
- Maintain and update Argus models. Generate property level and portfolio level reports. Coordinate updates of relevant inputs (e.g. In place leases, uploads of actual or budgets from accounting systems, market leasing assumptions (MLA’s)).
- Monitor, analyze, and report on leasing activity utilizing VTS and working with other departments (accounting, marketing, real estate managers).
- Coordinate and monitor loan advances from lenders where applicable. Assist in the preparing necessary reports for lenders.
- Assisting asset managers on routine tasks and assignments as required
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of this employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Quality of Work – strong attention to detail; ability and desire to manage details while also focusing on strategy and planning.
- Productivity – ability to meet tight deadlines and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Communication and Teamwork – strong written and oral communication skills and a strong team player.
- Initiative and Leadership – Ability to self-motivate and work independently in a dynamic environment. Ability to lead and own a process end-to-end.
- Customer Focus / Service – ability to respond to internal customers and external parties quickly, positively, and thoroughly, while maintaining process integrity.
Some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Experience: Minimum of three years of experience in real estate and/or finance, preferred. Previous real estate financial modeling experience, preferred. Strong proficiency in MS Excel required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance or Business Administration
Source: Welltower Career Page
Welltower (NYSE: HCN), formerly known as Healthcare REIT, is a healthcare real estate focused real estate investment trust headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. The company acquires, develops, and manages senior living, memory care, and assisted living facilities. With an enterprise value of $38.5 billion (as of 1Q 2017), Welltower is the fourth largest public real estate company and the largest healthcare REIT in the country.
Welltower partners with senior care operators such as Sunrise Senior Living, Brookdale Senior Living, and Genesis to provide senior housing, long-term post-acute care, and outpatient medical services to over 210,000 residents across 1375 properties in the United States, Canada and the UK. Welltower is based in Toledo, Ohio and has regional offices in Toronto, Canada and London. Its real estate services group is based in Juniper, Florida.