The Analyst/Associate, Asset Management is responsible for performing analyses in support of the operating performance of our Seniors Housing business. This role will provide assistance with budgeting/reforecasting, financial analysis (NPV, DCF, IRR, etc.), competitive landscape research, community site visits, and recommendations on the strategic direction of our communities.
- Assist in the review and analysis of operator provided annual budgets, including operating expenses, revenue assumptions, and capital expenditures
- Assist in the quarterly reforecast of budgets, including operating expenses, revenue assumptions, and capital expenditures
- Assist in the review of monthly community level reporting and lead variance calls with operating partners
- Prepare and present asset management and disposition related summaries to investment committee
- Assist with the monitoring of NOI, expense and other variances through monthly and quarterly reporting and summarize findings to the appropriate department
- Conduct a property and operator level reporting trend analysis through partnering with the Asset Management team on compilation of market studies, competitive analysis and strategy
- Conduct property visits and prepare operation and local market assessments to be shared with leadership
- Assist with payment reconciliation and document collection by acting as the central interface between operating partners and internal groups.
- Some travel required
- Perform all other duties as assigned
INTERACTIONS WITH OTHER DEPARTMENTS:
The Analyst/Associate, Asset Management will be responsible for coordinating information flow and working cross functionally with various internal departments, including but not limited to Underwriting, Capital Markets, Portfolio Management, Tax and Accounting
Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Finance or Business Administration. MBA preferred.
- Minimum of two years of experience in real estate and/or finance, preferred
- Previous real estate financial modeling experience, preferred
- Strong proficiency in MS Excel required
Source: Welltower Career Page
Welltower (NYSE: HCN), formerly known as Healthcare REIT, is a healthcare real estate focused real estate investment trust headquartered in Toledo, Ohio. The company acquires, develops, and manages senior living, memory care, and assisted living facilities. With an enterprise value of $38.5 billion (as of 1Q 2017), Welltower is the fourth largest public real estate company and the largest healthcare REIT in the country.
Welltower partners with senior care operators such as Sunrise Senior Living, Brookdale Senior Living, and Genesis to provide senior housing, long-term post-acute care, and outpatient medical services to over 210,000 residents across 1375 properties in the United States, Canada and the UK. Welltower is based in Toledo, Ohio and has regional offices in Toronto, Canada and London. Its real estate services group is based in Juniper, Florida.