Colony Credit Real Estate is seeking an Analyst to join its debt capital markets team. The Analyst will primarily assist in evaluating and coordinating the financing of new real estate debt opportunities, aid in creating new financing structures and optimizing our existing financing structures. The candidate should be a strong communicator, able to effectively multitask, and able to work effectively within the existing CLNC team.
The Analyst will join an active and fast-paced team and will receive exceptional exposure to a multitude of transaction types across the country and work directly with leading investment banking firms to finance these transactions.
- Interact directly with banks and rating agencies to obtain financing for new and existing investments
- Provide real time feedback and structured guidance to the investment team for capital markets and secured lending transactions
- Participate in coordinating due diligence processes for capital markets and secured lending transactions
- Perform due diligence and research for potential debt and equity investments across a variety of real estate asset classes
- Work closely with portfolio management, accounting, finance, investments and legal teams to coordinate transaction closings
- Participate in the development of securities offering materials, financial disclosures and internal corporate governance presentations
- Assist in preparation of investor reporting, including quarterly updates and responding to specific investor requests
- Create fund summaries and portfolio tracking / monitoring reports
- Prepare sensitivity analyses and portfolio stratifications
- Oversee surveillance of existing investments
- Preparation of investment memorandums and presentations
- Conducting a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses using various CRE databases (i.e. CoStar and Real Capital Analytics)
- Strong GPA from a top-tier university (preferably business/economics major with an emphasis in finance or real estate)
- Outstanding quantitative skills, including advanced Excel skills
- Financial modeling, finance, and accounting skills, with superior attention to detail
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, and proactive with strong work ethic
- Superior organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively, independently and professionally in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced environment
Source: Colony Capital Career Page
About Colony Capital
Founded in 1991 by Thomas Barrack Jr, Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY) is a Los Angeles based real estate equity REIT with an institutional investment management component. The company currently employs over 500 people worldwide managing in excess of $56 billion of private and public real estate equity and debt assets.
Previously referred to as Colony Northstar, Colony Capital has 17 locations across the world where it executes on its strategy of generating attractive risk-adjusted returns and creating long-term value for its shareholders and investors through significant global scale, an expansive operating platform, capital markets access, and the ability to invest up and down the capital stack.