The Analyst – Investments will provide analytical support to the Senior Associate by doing any and all work necessary to capture and design data to be analyzed and synthesized by regional and national leadership in the pursuit of real estate asset acquisitions for the portfolio, meeting the organizational investment theses. The Analyst assists with the evaluation of markets and asset level risks and opportunities and prepares reports and materials for meetings with the Blackstone acquisitions teams (debt and equity) in pursuit of new office opportunities.
The Analyst will engage with regional portfolio leaders and work with the teams on project schedules and budgets, design management as well as helping the Senior Associate with leasing and marketing activities. The analyst must have remarkable organization and communication skills with an ability to work through complex issues and apply critical thinking skills as they gain experience in the real estate investment space.
As the Analyst – Investments, one is held accountable to, however not limited to, the following job functions:
- Work on new business generation for EQ Office/Blackstone by assisting in the underwriting and executing of new acquisition opportunities – collaborating with Sr. Associates, market leads, and Blackstone investment teams.
- Work with brokers/leasing teams to research and analyze key market trends to inform investment decisions.
- Work with the investment teams on analyzing deal structures and running financial models to support investment thesis.
- Collaborate with Sr. Associate to craft investment decks and memos that highlight the investment opportunities and risks.
- Work with the EQ Data Science within Portfolio Finance to define investment signals to refine and expand the investment thesis.
- Assist in creation of acquisition capital budgets for assets in cooperation with development, operational and regional teams.
- Drive due diligence teams toward closings.
- Undergraduate degree in business or related field
- 1-3 years of commercial real estate experience
- Ability to work independently, handle multiple projects, meet deadlines and show a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to be strategic on investment and leasing decisions.
- Strong working knowledge of Excel and Argus software as well as IRR, NPV, and other fundamental real estate metrics
- Strong business and financial acumen with previous experience working in team environments managing projects
- Ability to deliver succinct communication with a point of view and actionable recommendations.
- Ability to communicate effectively across the organization.
- Remarkable organization and communication skills with an ability to work through complex issues with thoughtful solutions.
- Manages self and others in an open honest and transparent manner.
- Self-aware, self-secure, go getter, who knows the value of a team.
Source: EQ Office Career Page
About EQ Office
EQ Office, a real estate investment company, previously known as Equity Office, currently owns eighty office buildings spanning over forty million square feet. With a particular focus on supporting and fostering growth for the thousands of companies they partner with across the country, EQ Office prides itself on working with business leaders to help discover and design inspiring workspaces with a particular attention to experience – activation, feeling, and performance.