The Boston office asset management team is responsible for eight office and life science properties in Greater Boston, as well as two life science properties in San Francisco and Seattle. This position will assist the office asset management team on modeling/financial analyses, property valuations, management, leasing, operating and capital budgets, client reporting, new acquisitions and other special projects.
- Develop and maintain a complete understanding of each asset for which you work on.
- Assist with preparation and review of portfolio level and client specific reports.
- Monitor and analyze the financial performance of the properties and portfolios, primarily through review of monthly property financial reports.
- Complete quarterly valuations including detailed review of 3rd party appraisals and related property information.
- Analyze lease transactions, including net effective rent and impact to value.
- Organize the preparation and review of annual property operating budgets and business plans.
- Track leasing activity and maintain VTS database.
- Maintain administrative files for the asset management team: Focus & Sale List, Quarterly Valuation Outliers, Accounts Receivables and others.
- Maintain market information and files including lease comps, sales comps, third party reports, subleasing reports, development, etc.
- Monitor financial health of applicable tenants through Credit Risk Monitor.
- Review and maintain loan abstracts and assist with lender reporting as needed.
- Assist with financing and disposition transactions as needed.
- Prepare ad-hoc reports and assist with special projects as needed.
- Participate in asset management due diligence for new acquisitions including lease reviews, pro forma analysis, and review of competitive set.
- Participate in regularly scheduled property leasing calls and meetings.
- Become a member of NAIOP and begin networking foundation.
- Maintain COVID-related information for the portfolio: building occupancy, rent relief requests, and other relevant data as needed.
- Undergraduate degree with a GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- 1-2 years’ experience, preferably in a real estate, finance or accounting Analyst role.
- Strong skills in financial analysis and modeling – experience with Argus Enterprise strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal communication and writing skills.
- Willing to travel.
- Exceptional organizational skills and the ability to prioritize work effectively.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office, especially in Excel.
Source: Clarion Partners Career Page
About Clarion Partners
For more than 30 years, Clarion Partners has successfully managed real estate investments on behalf of large institutional investors from across the world. Growing to become one of the largest real estate investment managers in the Americas, Clarion Partners has 10 offices located throughout the United States and Latin America.
Clarion's investment strategies span the risk spectrum, from core to opportunistic with investments in both equity and debt. It invests in institutional-quality office, retail, industrial, multifamily, and hotel properties.
The company currently manages $44 billion in real estate assets for 200+ U.S. and international institutional investors. Clarion Partners employs 280+ employees in the United States, Brazil, and the UK.