LaSalle Investment Management is seeking an Analyst to join its Transactions team in the firm’s Chicago headquarters to assist with real estate investment transactions. The position will provide exposure to a variety of asset classes including office, industrial, retail, and multifamily property investments, and spanning varied risk profiles and geographic regions. Work hours can be demanding in this group, and the responsibilities tend to vary from day to day or client to client. The role is primarily focused on Argus and Excel-based analysis of potential real estate acquisitions and reviewing due diligence materials on active investments.
- Assist team members with evaluating and underwriting potential acquisitions on behalf of the firm’s commingled funds and separate accounts;
- Perform complex financial analyses, including Argus valuation models and Excel-based underwriting pro-formas, cash flow projections and sensitivity analyses;
- Assist with managing the due diligence process, including the review and analysis of leases, operating information, legal documentation, and other investment-related materials;
- Gather and evaluate economic and market data; and
- Assist with the preparation and presentation of investment memoranda to the firm’s Investment Committee.
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
- BA/BS degree in real estate, finance, accounting, or economics or related field with strong record of academic achievement
- Highly skilled in modeling investments in Excel; Argus experience is a plus
- Knowledge of DCF, NPV and cash flow models
- Strong financial and analytical ability with solid organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Highly-developed verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Proactive thinking with detail-oriented and creative problem-solving approach
- Candidate must be authorized to work in the United States
About LaSalle Investment Management
LaSalle Investment Management is one of the leading real estate investment managers in the world. Over 700 employers across 24 worldwide offices manage $60+ billion of real estate assets on behalf of 400+ institutional and high net worth investors.
LaSalle Investment Management offers exceptional career and advancement opportunities as well as a chance to work with some of the finest people and best real estate in the world. LaSalle Investment Management is an independent subsidiary of Fortune 500 company, Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL).