Reporting to the Manager, Finance, the candidate will be responsible for our internal accounts receivable process including preparing all internal invoices, settling cash receipts and following up with internal parties to ensure timely payments. The candidate will gain exposure to multiple areas including treasury functions and building relationships with internal stakeholders. The ideal candidate is detail oriented, is comfortable multi-tasking, and has a solid accounting foundation.
- Prepare intercompany billing statements to private funds and investments
- Track cash deposits, apply and post cash receipts, adjustments and/or transfers
- Follow-up on collections with private funds and investments to ensure timely payments
- Identify delinquent accounts and communicate status to manager on a regular basis
- Review/analyze feedback from private funds/investments and make adjusting entries into system
- Reconcile statements and transactions
- Maintain aging accounts receivable report
- Review and reconciliation of historical accounts receivable
- Set up new customers and projects in system
- Complete and submit package for new bank account openings
- Prepare vendor correction journal entries
- Vendor set up and maintenance in Microsoft Dynamics
- Assist with treasury functions and execution of corporate fund flows
- Accounting diploma preferred and 2-5 year’s experience in a similar role
- Understanding of accounting functions, journal entries, invoicing, payments, credits, and reconciliations
- Excellent attention to detail in tasks, analysis and reporting
- Experience with Microsoft Dynamics an asset
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Intermediate Excel skills
Source: Brookfield Career Page
Brookfield Asset Management is a global alternative asset manager with over 115 years of investment experience. The firm currently has over $285 Billion in assets under management (as of Feb. 2018) managed by more than 70,000 people in over 30 countries.
The firm invests across real estate, private equity, infrastructure, and renewable energy. Brookfield owns and operates a real estate portfolio containing $155 billion worth of assets under management and over 450 million square feet of iconic real estate across all asset classes and throughout the world.