As an Area Director, you will be required to report to the buildings you manage each day and be responsible and accountable for the overall profitability and return on investment of each building in your area, generally 16-24 Buildings. The role is also responsible for providing strategic, cross-functional support for the General Manager and territory team to ensure the successful execution of business priorities across the territory and region. In addition, you will be the owner of the member experience within your portfolio and responsible for ensuring we are meeting our members’ needs, our WeWork global standards, and targets on member experience satisfaction, as well as, retaining our members.
In this role, you’ll:
Strategy, Finance, Operations & Sales:
- Be accountable for overall ownership for an average of 20 building(s) and their P&L (indicative of an average of $140m revenue).
- Create and execute revenue-generating and cost-saving initiatives based on P&L of buildings while monitoring non-outsourced spending (Opex).
- Develop asset management plans & implement short, intermediate & long term strategies to improve the ROI and value of the portfolio while mitigating risk and improving financial efficiencies with a focus on revenue, EBITDA, and cash flow goals.
- Present monthly and quarterly business reviews based on building P&Ls within your portfolio.
- Partner with sales counterpart to achieve revenue targets. Personally engage with key member organizations and prospects to ensure member satisfaction and retention.
- Partner with real estate counterpart to engage with landlords in your area and develop capital investment plans for the buildings in your area to maintain and increase ROI.
- Partner closely with internal territory marketing & communications teams; provide input as needed, uphold brand standards, act as a local spokesperson.
- Lead and execute large, market-wide complex projects in partnership with cross-functional teams to create an improved member experience.
- Budgeting and monthly review of property operations and cash flows including quarterly and annual forecasting.
- Aid and assist in identifying opportunities and deficiencies within the new building opening/handover process.
- Liaise with the key internal external stakeholders to drive accountability and improve performance.
Member Satisfaction & People Leadership:
- Accountable for driving the highest levels of member satisfaction, measured through portfolio and building-level NPS.
- Accountable for member retention.
- Responsible for delivering upon set standards for building operations with an eye to NPS and OPEX optimization in the market.
- Responsible to solve member escalations needing market level support.
- Manage key initiatives related to enhancing community experience, creating operating efficiencies.
- Lead and manage the Community Managers in your portfolio, while creating development plans to facilitate growth.
- Be accountable for employee satisfaction of team members in your portfolio, measured through market-level eNPS.
We’d love to hear from you if you meet the qualifications below:
- 7+ years or equivalent experience in the real estate, hospitality, marketing, multi-unit retail, startups, finance, consulting, or related experience with a strong operational focus and P&L accountability (preferred experience managing $100m+ revenue).
- 5+ years of management experience of leading a sizable team made up of managers and individual contributors.
- BA / BS or equivalent in Real Estate, Finance, Marketing, Hospitality or other related degrees, and ideally an advanced degree (eg, MBA).
- Experience of being responsible for a Profit and Loss for multiple sites, as well as leading multiple business units. Direct P&L accountability and ability to understand and drive results through the management of financial levers.
- Strong background of successful people and commercial negotiations, complex and sensitive conflict resolution, and impactful influencing skills, internal and external.
- Demonstrate integrity, dependability, responsibility, accountability, self-awareness, work ethic, and empathy.
- Must be open to possible travel 20-30% of the time, depending on which area(s)/buildings you’ll oversee.
Source: WeWork Career Page
WeWork builds beautiful, shared office spaces, community, and a place to join as an individual, 'me', but where you become part of a greater 'we'. WeWork redefines success as a measure of personal fulfillment, not just the bottom line.
The WeWork mission doesn’t end with the small businesses and entrepreneurs that call us home. WeWork empowers team members to create their own life's work - to move fast and to challenge one another, as well as look after each other and care about the culture.