The Real Estate Americas business is seeking to hire an associate for its New York-based investment team covering the Southeast markets. The investment team covers roughly 140 office, retail, multifamily and industrial investments valued at approximately $18 billion in fair market value. Associates on the investment team play an integral role in working alongside our asset managers and acquisition officers in overseeing a portfolio of assets and driving value to our clients. Individuals in this role are involved in the underwriting and due diligence work associated with new deals, oversight and strategy implementation within the existing portfolio, assistance on development deals, the handling of dispositions, working through internal and external property valuations and completing various internal and external reports.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Underwrite using Argus and Excel
- Create and utilize financial models for investment valuation
- Research and analyze market data
- Participate in property and market tours
- Prepare presentations and written investment committee memos
- Perform due diligence to prepare acquisitions for closing
- Work on asset dispositions, including hold/sell analysis, memo preparation
- Work with asset manager on asset strategy reviews, including existing asset valuation
- Participate in evaluation of leases and leasing strategy
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Exceptional quantitative modeling and analytical skills
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Three years of financial analysis, real estate, modeling experience
- ARGUS experience is a plus
- The position is for an associate with experience in real estate investment management.
- At least three years of work experience in real estate following completion of undergraduate program
- The candidate should be prepared to travel as needed
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.