The Real Estate Americas business is seeking to hire an Associate for its Los Angeles-based West Coast asset management team, which currently has approximately 30 investment professionals spread across Los Angeles and San Francisco. The associate candidate will work across the investment lifecycle and handle the oversight and execution of the business plan on a variety of product types and risk strategies across numerous investment vehicles. The initial portfolio is likely comprised of 12 to 15 assets spanning multi-family, industrial, and potentially office and/or retail. The associate will be involved in all aspects of the investment process including assistance with underwriting and due diligence on new acquisitions, financing, leasing, budgeting, reporting, development and dispositions. This role requires 5+ years of investment experience with a particular emphasis on multi-family and industrial assets. The role will afford the candidate an opportunity to oversee assets across numerous west coast markets within California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Oversee a diverse portfolio of multi-family and commercial investments spanning multiple risk and client profiles
- Develop and/or review pro forma cash flows using Argus and Excel
- Create and utilize financial models and DCF analyses for investment valuation and strategic decision making
- Participate in property visits and market tours and lead partner/manager calls
- Develop strong relationships with partners, property managers, brokers, and industry peers
- Create and execute upon property level business plans and capital budgets
- Assemble presentation materials such as investment committee memos, business plans, asset strategy reports, hold/sell analyses, and lease analysis
- Oversee internal and external property valuations/appraisals
- Assist with acquisition opportunities and due diligence
- Handle property dispositions, recapitalizations, and other transaction types
- Work alongside Development and Engineering Group in the oversight of ground-up construction and redevelopment opportunities
Qualifications and Essential Skills
- Team player and exceptional relationship builder
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and work independently
- Compelling presentation skills in formal and informal settings
- Proficient with Argus and the Microsoft Office Suite
Candidate should possess a minimum of 5 years of experience in real estate asset management/acquisitions with direct experience working across multi-family and industrial assets (among other preferred product types).
Bachelor’s degree required
The candidate should be prepared to travel
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.