The purpose of this position is to pro-active manage, exploit and (re)develop the assets within the allocated portfolio, in order to maximize the value growth of the allocated portfolio. If future sector specialist profile: usually responsible for complex portfolio with core+/value add asset characteristics or sizeable portfolios. If future management profile: job includes tasks to support HoAM or PM on portfolio level. E.g.: key tenant management tasks, valuations/ budget coordination, other minor management tasks.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Defines and executes the business plan of the assigned assets in accordance with portfolio strategy.
- Optimizes cash flow distribution through tenant management (selection, occupancy rate), securing rent levels and cash control. Optimizes performance fees. Manages cost reductions. Manages value growth through optimizing rental income (tenant selection) and lowering the risk profile. Is asset strategy responsible during asset transactions. If asset up for disposal, can be responsible for preparing phase (including data room, vendor due diligence etc).
- Manages property strategy (marketing, property management). Extends, redevelops and repositions properties to increase (future) value. Identifies segmented tenant groups, acquires and retains selected tenants as long as possible.
- Reports asset management part in reporting, together with property accountant / analyst. Manages and evaluates (in cooperation with portfolio manager) the performance of the local Property Manager(s) and drives them to perform.
- Uses/explores his local/country network for deal sourcing. Has an active role in processing in close cooperation – and under the supervision of – the transaction manager.
- Provides input for property valuations process and carefully checks correctness of valuations.
- Provides more specialized input on specific topics (i.e. May be expert in technical/commercial matters etc.) and may manage a more complicated asset or portfolio. Provides input and presentations if necessary for key transaction processes and hold/sell analysis. May have direct contact with separate account clients or investors.
- Will provide assistance to but not directly supervise Asset Managers 1 and 2. Supervising analysts can be part of this role.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
No formal supervisory responsibilities in this position. Provides assistance and oversight such as guidance, and/or training to co-workers. Leads project teams and/or plan, and supervise assignments of lower level employees.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE
Undergraduate degree from four-year college or university plus a minimum of six years previous related experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Post-graduate degree preferred.
CERTIFICATES and/or LICENSES
Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Strong organizational and analytical skills. Ability to make effective and persuasive presentations on topics to employees, clients, top management and/or public groups. Ability to provide efficient, timely, reliable and courteous service to customers. Ability to effectively present information.
Good communication skills in English both written and verbal.
Requires in-depth knowledge of financial asset and some portfolio terms and principles. Ability to calculate complex figures. Ability to forecast review/prepare budgets and judge valuations. Approves and oversees own sub portfolio budget. Conducts financial/business analysis including the preparation of reports and presentations, including to investors.
Ability to pro-actively solve advanced problems and deal with a variety of options in complex situations. Requires expert level analytical and quantitative skills with proven experience in developing strategic asset/sub portfolio/management solutions. Draws upon the analysis of others and makes recommendations that have a direct impact on the client.
OTHER SKILLS and/or ABILITIES
Advanced computer software application (Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.) and Internet navigational skills. Strong interpersonal and organizational skills with ability to manage multiple projects and type of clients simultaneously.
Being supportive to rise equity, pitch to clients and achieve (AM) mandates.
SCOPE OF RESPONSIBILITY
Decisions made with thorough understanding of procedures, company policies, and business practices to achieve general results and deadlines. Responsible for setting work unit and/or project deadlines. Errors in judgment may cause significant impact to client, co-workers, and supervisor.
Source: CBRE Career Page
CBRE Group Inc. (NYSE: CBG) is the world's leading real estate services and investment firm. Serving real estate investors and tenants around the globe in more than 100 countries, the company offers services such as: Occupier Outsourcing, Property Management, Development Services, Investment Management, Appraisal and Valuation, Property Sales, and Mortgages Services.
The company boasts 75,000+ employees and generated $13.1 billion in revenue in 2016. It is a Fortune 500 company (#259 in 2016) and was named America's 15th Best Employer by Forbes in 2016. Career opportunites at CBRE are extensive, working in groups such as the Asset Services, Advsisory and Transaction Services , Capital Markets, Valuation and Advisory Services, and CBRE Global Investors. CBRE also offers development services through its subsidiary, Trammell Crow Company.