This is an exciting opportunity for a motivated individual to join a growing team in a fast-paced and high performance environment. The successful applicant will work directly with senior members of the Opportunistic Co-Investment team to source and underwrite complex investment transactions and execute deals across various funds, single asset and other bespoke strategies. The successful applicant will challenge and develop his/her technical skills and expand his/her industry network given the broad range of investment processes he/she will be involved in, within a top-tier global financial institution.
The successful applicant will be a member of the New York-based team, evaluating and managing investments across the Americas and Europe, assisting senior team members to make investment decisions, and training, coaching and supervising junior team members.
- Conduct fundamental research on companies and sectors
- Carry out in-depth valuation work and analysis of risk-return opportunities in special situations
- Help in monitoring/hedging current investments
- Contribute to idea generation
- Develop relationships with external alternative managers to source investment ideas
- Investing mindset, ability to think independently about an investment, understanding of portfolio construction
- Strong corporate valuation skills and familiarity with various types of assets, securities or instruments such as equities, loans and bonds
- Strong modeling and accounting skills
- Five years of experience preparing financial models and valuation analyses of public or private companies with a minimum of four years of experience in buyside investing roles
- A background in public or private credit, structured finance or distressed investing is preferred but candidates with a background in equity special situations will also be considered
- Outstanding record of professional and academic achievement
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.