The Corporate Asset Management role has two main functions:
New Investment Analysis:
- Analyzing historical financial statements / annual reports, peer benchmarking for potential investments.
- Preparing quick look investment analysis for prospective investments.
- Assisting ASSG in completing investment committee memos and presenting at investment committees.
- Liaising with various intermediaries (industry experts, valuation agencies, due diligence vendors, etc.)
for executing new investments.
- Assist ASSG in the closing process to provide debt or equity capital to new investment portfolio
Existing Portfolio Company Asset Management:
- Produce and present monthly / quarterly / semi-annual reporting covering: investment progress,
comparing actuals & financial performance with projections / budget, and compliance with covenants (if
- Fully support local and regional teams to prepare quarterly asset reviews
- Reconcile data discrepancies between company reports / financing statements by liaising with external
vendors (including property managers, suppliers, and consultants)
- Providing thoughtful color and commentary regarding the performance of the investments
- Analyze compliance with financial & performance covenants on a look-forward basis (early recognition
of potential future breach), basis monthly / quarterly data submitted
- Keeping track of strategic activity and changes in regulations within the sector:
- Assist ASSG in understanding the strategic direction of each company by comparing what the company
has achieved since investment and additional guidance by each company
- Attending analyst calls on the company and the sector
- Strong academic background with an MBA or Chartered Accountant or equivalent
- Minimum of 2-3 years of relevant experience
- Solid analytical / logical mindset and attention to detail
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Commercial focus and interest in financial and RE markets
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (clear, concise, and confident) with the ability to manage
- internal and external relationships
- Team minded
- Strong project planning, organization, and time management
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet deadlines while ensuring high quality reports
Source: Goldman Sachs Career Page
About Goldman Sachs
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. (NYSE: GS) is a U.S. financial services firm founded in 1869 by Marcus Goldman and Samuel Sachs. It is headquartered at 200 West Street in Lower Manhattan, New York City, NY. The company employs 34,000 employs across the world. Its main business lines include asset management, commercial banking, investment banking, investment management, and prime brokerage.
Goldman Sachs Realty Management Division (RMD) provides real estate investment services and asset management to investments where Goldman Sachs has an interest. The Realty Management Division has offices in the Americas as well as in Europe, Asia, and Australia and is organized into six business units including Hospitality, Loan Asset Management, Real Estate Credit Investing, Portfolio Management, Real Estate Asset Management, and Residential Mortgage Asset Management.