The Global Alternatives Group seeks a Fund controller, with at least 5 years of post- qualification experience. We seek candidates with an extensive private equity, investment management or real estate accounting background to assist with the financial management and reporting, which includes client and internal reporting requirements. We also seek candidates with experience working with a team of finance professionals and someone that is capable of working independently with a ‘can do’ attitude.
The Fund controller will work closely with an experienced group of professionals, including a team of five Fund controllers, being involved in all aspects of financial reporting, analysis, accounting, internal controls, and oversight related to transport investments owned both directly and through partnerships.
- Oversight and assist with management of Global Transport/ Real Estate Funds; develop and maintain a financial infrastructure that operates with the efficiency and flexibility to respond to the demands of a growth oriented business; ensure that responsibilities and deadlines are adhered to.
- Oversight of the quarterly accounting and financial reporting process for all investment products; continually improve the level and content of reporting and communication
- Understanding of investment structures, debt documents, partnership agreements, and purchase and sale agreements; Evaluate the accounting and reporting issues related to various deal structures and proposals.
- Oversight of financial due diligence for acquisitions by working with appropriate individuals within the Global Alternatives Group, as well as third parties, sellers, JV partners, legal counsel, etc.
- Broadly interact with independent external auditors, tax practitioners, deal and third party service providers.
- Actively participate in the determination and review of valuations.
- Ensure that local operator/partner accounting systems and records are properly controlled and periodically audited.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all internal and external clients and consultants; Assist and coordinate responses to client and consultant requests.
- Calculate and maintain performance data for individual assets and for the overall Funds (AIMR, IRRs); Review and approve fund level performance fees and accruals.
- Prepare management analysis including asset, fund and business level budgeting and reporting.
- Project management: ability to manage and organize resources, conduct effective presentations, facilitate meetings, and gain consensus around issues.
- Ability to act decisively, form opinions, solve problems and make recommendations.
- Ability to cultivate strong relationships internally (within JPMAM Global Alternatives Group) and externally (within the broader JPMAM business).
- Relevant financial and accounting experience in the private equity or real estate industry with a proven track record of managing controllership, reporting and finance functions.
- Ability to interact with Senior Portfolio Managers and draw on the experience of the wider team to solve issues/ analyse results.
- Understanding of US GAAP and IFRS.
- ACA, ACCA, C.P.A. or Chartered Accountant equivalent required.
- Familiarity with currency implications and accounting treatment.
- Experience in closed-ended commingled funds, limited partnerships, opportunity funds, and operating company investments.
- Experience of carried interest/ promote structures.
- Experience in open ended funds an advantage.
- Familiarity with various EU country issues impacting investments and fund level accounting.
- Current knowledge on industry accounting and tax trends/issues.
- Computer literacy and strong knowledge of Excel
- Knowledge of Yardi a plus.
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.