Asset Management is a leading investment manager of choice for institutions, financial intermediaries and individual investors, worldwide. With a heritage of more than two centuries, a broad range of core and alternative strategies, and investment professionals operating in every major world market, we offer investment experience and insight that few other firms can match.
The Financial Department of Alternatives – Real Estate America (REA) seeks a Financial Manager with approximately 4-6 years of financial services accounting experience, preferably real estate, to assist with the financial management of its real estate investments including client and internal reporting requirements.
The Financial Manager will work closely with an experienced group of professionals and generally be involved in many aspects of real estate financial analysis, accounting, taxation, internal controls, and property management oversight.
- General understanding of investment structures, mortgage documents, development agreements, partnership agreements, and purchase and sale agreements.
Responsible for the month end, financial reporting and accounting of direct real estate assets.
- Analyze financial statements and other financial reports of real estate investments.
- Prepare and review cash flow, profitability and return on investment analysis.
- Produce quarterly reports for various separate account clients.
- Review and approve operating budgets for each asset. Provide projections for annual business plans.
- Perform financial due diligence for acquisitions by working with various REA departments, third parties, sellers, JV partners, legal counsel, etc.
- Broadly interact with independent external auditors, and tax practitioners.
- Review and analyze property financial information. Facilitate and oversee monthly / quarterly reporting process. Ensure that all investments are accounted for in accordance with REA policies and procedures as well as GAAP.
- Oversight of third party property management and joint venture partners to ensure compliance with operating agreements.
- Identify and resolve any control issues relating to property management or internal processes.
- Calculate and maintain performance data on investments held.
- Generate data that is valuable for business management efforts
- Special projects regarding assigned portfolio of properties.
- Client service support including preparing management analysis and responding to client and consultant requests.
- Computer literacy and working knowledge of Excel and Word.
- Experience in financial related capacities preferred.
- Strong accounting, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Organized work habits.
- Solid communication skills.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree with major in accounting.
- C.P.A. preferred but not required.
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.