The Real Estate Americas business is seeking to hire an executive director of West US Asset Management in our Los Angeles office. The successful candidate will oversee a diverse portfolio of assets that may include those within the residential, office, retail and industrial sectors and drive value to our clients. The candidate will be responsible for oversight and strategy implementation within the existing portfolio, assistance on development deals, involvement in acquisitions, the handling of dispositions, working through internal and external property valuations and completing various internal and external reports. The executive director will be responsible for managing deal teams, including analysts and associates in asset management, as well as coordinating with acquisitions, engineering, research and other JPM and external teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and manage partner, broker, third party management firms and other industry relationships to generate market / product expertise
- Have an in-depth knowledge of Western U.S. real estate landscape
- Provide strategic direction for a diverse portfolio of assets in the West US region. The portfolio will include assets across the risk spectrum.
- Build internal consensus on valuation and transaction structure through proactive communication with all constituencies (including the CIO, portfolio management, acquisitions, research, valuations, financial, debt capital markets, development/engineering, and legal).
- Lead on transaction negotiation and documentation of asset dispositions. Negotiate with a focus on identifying and mitigating risk, generate creative solutions to resolve structuring challenges.
- Exhibit leadership in partnering with other internal teams, and in developing junior team members. The candidate will consistently strive to gain the confidence of senior team members, including portfolio managers and senior acquisitions officers. The candidate will also proactively seek ways to expand Real Estate America’s impact across the firm, including contributing to client pitches, reviews, and other important internal initiatives.
- Underwrite using Argus and Excel
- Create and utilize financial models for investment valuation
- Research and analyze market data
- Participate in property inspections and market tours
- Prepare presentations and written leasing and disposition committee memos
- Perform due diligence to prepare acquisitions for closing
- Expertise in the calculation of partner promote structures and waterfall distributions
- Exceptional relationship building and negotiation skills
- Excellent quantitative and analytical skills
- Highly motivated and a self-starter
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Excellent quantitative modeling and analytical skills
- Superior writing and verbal communication skills
- Compelling presentation skills in formal and informal settings
- Ability to multi-task and work in a dynamic environment
- Proficient with Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- ARGUS and Yardi experience is a plus
- Candidate should possess a minimum of 10 years of experience in real estate asset management and/or acquisitions.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- The candidate should be prepared to travel as needed.
Source: JP Morgan Career Page
About J.P.Morgan Asset Management
With over $82 billion in assets under management, more than 400 real asset professionals strategically located across the globe, and 45 years of history successfully investing in real estate, sophisticated investors will not find a more experienced investment partner than JPMorgan Asset Management - Global Real Estate.
Global Real Estate is the private real estate business within the alternatives platform of JPMorgan Asset Management. JPMorgan Asset Management is a leading asset manager for individuals, advisors, and institutions. It is one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world with nearly $2 trillion of AUM.
The Global Real Estate group's 400+ strong team brings extensive expertise in all areas of real estate investment and management including portfolio management, acquisitions, and asset management as well as deep knowledge of real estate accounting, legal, risk control, joint ventures, leasing, workouts, dispositions, debt capital markets, appraisal and valuation, engineering, and environmental issues.