The Asset Manager will be responsible for the management of assets in Arbor Realty Trust’s (ART) loan portfolio.
Essential Job Functions (Duties/Responsibilities)
The Asset Manager will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Prepare quarterly reports, valuations and risk ratings.
- Perform financial analysis of properties including operating statements, budget and variance review, loan administration and borrower support, workout and foreclosure analysis, lease analysis, appraisal and engineering report reviews, etc.
- Assess loan risk within the portfolio and make recommendations to senior management to mitigate the risk.
- Perform quarterly property level valuations in order to value the asset.
- Conduct market research to determine various factors impacting property level performance.
- Oversee borrower implementation of business plan(s) associated with a variety of real estate-related assets, including mezzanine and bridge loans, REO properties and preferred equity positions.
- Work closely with senior management in analyzing strategies for workouts, foreclosures, acquisitions and dispositions.
- Review and interpret legal documents, such as loan agreements, guarantees, and promissory notes, and coordinate with borrower and respective staff to ensure the loans remain in compliance.
- Monitor capital improvement projects to ensure timely completion within budgets.
- Additional loan servicing and reporting as needed.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Real Estate and/or Accounting
Experience: A minimum of 2-4 years of experience in Real Estate with an emphasis on risk/financial analysis, valuations, relationship management, workouts, capital markets and Asset Management
- A strong knowledge of real estate markets with a particular emphasis on multifamily, office, retail and senior living sectors
- Excellent project management, leadership and organizational skills
- The ability to “think outside the box” and present ideas in a clear and concise manner
- The ability to train analytical staff
Travel: up to 10%
Source: Arbor Realty Career Page
About Arbor Realty Trust
Arbor Realty Trust (NYSE: ABR) is a United States real estate investment trust that provides debt and equity capital for apartment and commercial property owners nationwide. With a current servicing portfolio of more than $13 billion, Arbor is a top 10 Fannie Mae Multifamily Lender, a top Fannie Mae Small Loan Lender, a Freddie Mac Program Plus Seller/Servicer, and the #1 Freddie Mac Small Balance Loan Lender. Arbor also originates CMBS, bridge, mezzanine, and preferred equity.
Founded in 1983 by Chairman and CEO Ivan Kaufman, Arbor Realty Trust is based in Uniondale, NY with offices across the United States. Arbor offers a wide-array of career opportunities for real estate professionals interested in loan origination, servicing, and equity placement.