Our Chicago office is seeking an Asset Manager to join our Private Real Estate Debt group.
The responsibilities of an Asset Manager include, but are not limited to:
- Work with Portfolio Manager(s) to oversee a portfolio of real estate debt investments across senior, mezzanine and preferred equity strategies
- Assist in preparation and monitoring of annual business plans for debt investments under management by multiple investor clients
- Ensure compliance with client investment management agreements
- Assist in preparation of management and investor reporting
- Conduct various analyses across overall portfolio
- Assist in marketing/investor meetings, consultant meetings and due diligence process, on-going investor relations
- Review property appraisals and prepare internal valuations
- Assess the current and projected performance of properties/collateral, including periodic on-site asset reviews.
- Manage loan monitoring process with focus on early warning and proper risk rating
- Prepare portfolio reports and documents for review by senior management
- Present portfolio review to Investment Committee quarterly and to investors as required
- Participate in troubled situations/work-out if necessary
- Special projects as needed
- At least five years of real estate experience (including valuation experience)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or real estate
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Deadline driven
- Ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced team environment
- Proficiency in Argus, Word, Excel and Power Point
Source: Heitman Career Page
With over $37 billion in assets under management, Heitman is one of the world's premier real estate investment firms. Founded in the mid-1960s, Heitman is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices around the world including teams in Chicago, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne.
Heitman's real estate investment strategies include private investments in real estate equity and debt as well as public real estate equity investments. The company actively manages separate account and commingled fund portfolios focused on core, value-add, and opportunistic strategies across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company is also an active participant in the market for mezzanine and senior debt and offers investment management expertise to institutional investors interested in real estate securities.