Colony Capital is seeking an Analyst / Senior Analyst / Associate (title dependent on experience) who will provide analytical support including corporate financial planning & analysis, investment forecasting, portfolio management and strategic planning analysis. The position will prepare analyses and research to help support the financial planning and strategy of the firm on a global basis.
- Conduct a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses (e.g., discounted cash flows, strategic scenario analysis, sell/hold recommendations, etc.)
- Serve as liaison between financial results and senior management by gathering data, analyzing, and delivering routine and ad hoc reports (e.g. return stratifications and sensitivities, key performance indicators, budget variances, etc.)
- Analyze, monitor, and forecast the performance of existing investments, funds, and business segments (including creation of pro-forma financial models)
- Prepare and update various corporate public presentations and board materials
- Conduct market research and benchmarking including searching public filings and research reports
- Assist with the planning and execution for high-level corporate initiatives including collaboration with multiple departments within Colony
- Present findings and analyses to senior executives
- 1-3 years of experience in finance or real estate
- Bachelor’s degree with a strong academic record at a top undergraduate institution
- Able to work well with little direction or as part of a collaborative team; should possess superb analytical, quantitative, problem solving, writing and communication skills
- Strong Excel skills including building and auditing financial models
- Flexible, with a positive attitude and willingness to work additional hours and weekends to complete projects when necessary
- Integrity and strong work ethic with a desire to thrive in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
Source: Colony Capital Career Page
About Colony Capital
Founded in 1991 by Thomas Barrack Jr, Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY) is a Los Angeles based real estate equity REIT with an institutional investment management component. The company currently employs over 500 people worldwide managing in excess of $56 billion of private and public real estate equity and debt assets.
Previously referred to as Colony Northstar, Colony Capital has 17 locations across the world where it executes on its strategy of generating attractive risk-adjusted returns and creating long-term value for its shareholders and investors through significant global scale, an expansive operating platform, capital markets access, and the ability to invest up and down the capital stack.