Colony Credit Real Estate is seeking an Associate to join its originations team. The Associate will underwrite and evaluate new real estate debt opportunities, and aid in term sheet and loan document negotiations. The Associate will also aid in directing the transaction management process. The candidate should be a strong communicator, able to effectively multitask, and able to work effectively within the existing CLNC team.
The Associate will join an active and fast-paced team and will receive exceptional exposure to a multitude of transaction types across the country, and work with many of CLNC’s existing and new clients.
- Playing a key role in underwriting new origination opportunities using Excel and Argus
- Managing junior team members and overseeing various work streams and work products
- Participation in negotiations throughout the transaction process
- Conducting a range of quantitative and qualitative analyses using various CRE databases (i.e. CoStar and Real Capital Analytics)
- Preparation of investment memorandums and presentations
- 3+ years of experience in commercial real estate finance, real estate, investment banking, or financial services
- Strong GPA from a top-tier university (preferably business/economics major with an emphasis in finance or real estate)
- Outstanding quantitative skills, including advanced Excel skills
- Financial modeling, finance, and accounting skills, with superior attention to detail
- Results-oriented, self-motivated, and proactive with strong work ethic
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work effectively, independently and professionally in a world-class investment organization
Source: Colony Capital Career Page
About Colony Capital
Founded in 1991 by Thomas Barrack Jr, Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY) is a Los Angeles based real estate equity REIT with an institutional investment management component. The company currently employs over 500 people worldwide managing in excess of $56 billion of private and public real estate equity and debt assets.
Previously referred to as Colony Northstar, Colony Capital has 17 locations across the world where it executes on its strategy of generating attractive risk-adjusted returns and creating long-term value for its shareholders and investors through significant global scale, an expansive operating platform, capital markets access, and the ability to invest up and down the capital stack.