Based in New York, the Associate will gain significant exposure to strategic hospitality transactions inclusive of acquisitions, financings, and quantitative portfolio management. The candidate will work closely with senior executives to underwrite investments and evaluate strategic opportunities across the United States. Colony Capital’s existing hospitality platform includes over 250 hotels (30,000+ rooms) across 20 states.
- Lead the financial analysis and underwriting process for new investments
- Work directly with senior executives on strategic new projects and corporate initiatives
- Perform due diligence and research for potential investments across a variety of different hospitality segments and U.S. markets
- Evaluate / analyze individual or portfolio transactions
- Prepare investment committee memorandums and participate in investment committee meetings
- Contribute to the monitoring and management of existing investments
- 2-4 years of experience in real estate investing / finance at a leading financial institution, investment bank or investment firm
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, economics, and/or real estate
- Excellent financial modeling skills required
- Outstanding quantitative skills with superior attention to detail
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to effectively prioritize and handle multiple tasks
- Strong work ethic with a desire to work in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Self-starter, able to work independently or in a team situation
- Passion for real estate, hospitality, and value / opportunistic investing
Source: Colony Capital Career Page
About Colony Capital
Founded in 1991 by Thomas Barrack Jr, Colony Capital (NYSE: CLNY) is a Los Angeles based real estate equity REIT with an institutional investment management component. The company currently employs over 500 people worldwide managing in excess of $56 billion of private and public real estate equity and debt assets.
Previously referred to as Colony Northstar, Colony Capital has 17 locations across the world where it executes on its strategy of generating attractive risk-adjusted returns and creating long-term value for its shareholders and investors through significant global scale, an expansive operating platform, capital markets access, and the ability to invest up and down the capital stack.