Our Chicago office is seeking an Associate to join the Acquisitions team. We are looking for a self starter, who is highly collaborative, analytical and has a strong interest in Real Estate.
The responsibilities of an Associate include, but are not limited to:
- Preparing and confirming pro forma cash flow projections for potential investment opportunities
- Preparing summaries of investment opportunities for internal or client presentation
- Coordinating and participating in due diligence relating to investment opportunities
- Working collaboratively with other groups such as research and portfolio management
- 1 – 2 years of professional real estate experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Real Estate
- General understanding of real estate finance, property valuation and equity investment analysis
- Excellent communicator with strong writing skills
- Well-organized, detail oriented and deadline driven
- Enjoys working in a dynamic team environment
- Ability to prioritize tasks, work on multiple assignments, and handle ambiguity
- Enjoys working both independently and as part of a team with professionals at all levels
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and Word
- Argus experience a plus
- Willingness to travel
Source: Heitman Career Page
With over $37 billion in assets under management, Heitman is one of the world's premier real estate investment firms. Founded in the mid-1960s, Heitman is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices around the world including teams in Chicago, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne.
Heitman's real estate investment strategies include private investments in real estate equity and debt as well as public real estate equity investments. The company actively manages separate account and commingled fund portfolios focused on core, value-add, and opportunistic strategies across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company is also an active participant in the market for mezzanine and senior debt and offers investment management expertise to institutional investors interested in real estate securities.