Our Chicago office is seeking an Associate to join their Asset Management team. We are looking for a self-starter, who is highly collaborative, analytical and has a strong interest in Real Estate.
As an Associate your responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting in the management of a diverse portfolio
- Support implementations on long-term asset management strategies, including income and expense forecasting, leasing plan, capital budget, value creation activity and risk-return analysis for assets
- Participate in the review of annual budget proposals and leasing plans of assets
- Ensure compliance with client investment management agreements
- Prepare financial analysis/modeling for asset decision-making
- Review appraisals and valuations
- Help assess the current and projected performance of properties
- Prepare reports and documents for review by senior management
- 0-3 years of real estate experience (valuation experience highly desired)
- Prior experience within the self-storage, retail, or multifamily sectors a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business, finance or real estate, preferred
- Excellent communicator with strong writing skills
- Well-organized, detail oriented and deadline driven
- Enjoys working in a dynamic team environment
- Strong proficiency in Excel, Word and Power Point
- Argus Enterprise/Argus experience a plus
- Ability to travel with frequency
Source: Heitman Career Page
With over $37 billion in assets under management, Heitman is one of the world's premier real estate investment firms. Founded in the mid-1960s, Heitman is headquartered in Chicago, Illinois. The company has offices around the world including teams in Chicago, Los Angeles, Frankfurt, London, Luxembourg, Munich, Warsaw, Hong Kong, Seoul, Tokyo, and Melbourne.
Heitman's real estate investment strategies include private investments in real estate equity and debt as well as public real estate equity investments. The company actively manages separate account and commingled fund portfolios focused on core, value-add, and opportunistic strategies across North America, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific. The company is also an active participant in the market for mezzanine and senior debt and offers investment management expertise to institutional investors interested in real estate securities.