Blackstone’s Real Estate Asset Management Group expects . Associates to be engaged in all aspects of real estate asset management including post-acquisition transition, valuation, budgeting and working closely with Blackstone’s portfolio companies, joint venture partners and acquisition team. Associates are involved in review/preparation of financial models and discussions related to leasing, restructuring, refinancing and disposition strategies. Associates will also have the opportunity to participate in all aspects of projects and be staffed on a number of assignments at one time. Due to the relatively small size of the professional staff, Associates are able to assume integral roles on deal teams.
Main responsibilities will include:
- Responsibility for the day-to-day operational management of Blackstone’s existing real estate portfolio in India
- Develop and implement business plans for the portfolio, including leasing, financing, capex and sales strategies
- Oversee and monitor capital expenditure, including the planning and execution of renovation/property maintenance programs
- Management of Blackstone Real Estate’s joint venture partners and portfolio companies across the country as well as external advisors
- Assisting in commercial aspects of fund administration, equity draws, investor relations, fundraising and reporting
- Financial modelling, analysis and quarterly fund valuations
- Market research
- Management of junior team members
- Development of presentations
- Drafting of memoranda for internal and external use
- Project management and coordination amongst internal and external teams
Blackstone seeks to hire individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have demonstrated excellence in prior endeavors.
The successful candidate should have:
- 2 to 4 years’ relevant experience ideally gained from Real Estate, Finance, Consulting, Investment Banking or related industry
- strong analytical and quantitative skills
- strong communication skills and people skills
- a demonstrated ability to write effectively
- self-sufficient/ability to work independently
- excellent attention to detail
- perseverance and stamina
- be a collaborative team player
- show selfless commitment
- a desire to work in a team environment, often under pressure
- strong time management skills with ability to multi-task
Source: Blackstone Career Page
Blackstone is a multinational private equity, alternative asset management, and financial services firm based in New York City, NY. Blackstone's Real Estate Group is one of the most well-known and well-respected real estate firms in the world and is known for its proven strategy: "Buy it, Fix it, Sell it."
Blackstone manages and deploys real estate allocated capital for large institutional investors and high net worth individuals. With $102 billion of assets under management and nearly $200 billion in gross asset value, Blackstone is the largest real estate private equity firm in the world.
The real estate group operates across Europe, Asia, North America, and Latin America. Its real estate investment strategy covers the risk spectrum, from opportunistic to core, and seeks to generate outsized risk-adjusted returns for its investors. The company has 420 real estate professionals in 12 offices worldwide.