The Middle Market Private Capital unit is seeking an Associate Director to aid in the origination, due diligence, credit underwriting, execution, and portfolio monitoring of private debt investments. The Middle Market Private Capital strategy offers investors access to privately negotiated debt and minority-equity investment transactions, primarily in North America, to support leveraged buyouts, refinancing’s and recapitalizations. Investments include senior, unitranche and second lien loans, mezzanine notes and equity co-investments. We target investment opportunities across a broad range of industries including healthcare, industrials, consumer products, software and business services. The unit also selectively invests in private debt funds.
- Evaluate new transactions and investment opportunities, attend management presentations, review deal terms and credit agreements.
- Lead key areas of due diligence including business and quantitative analysis as well as industry and competitive research.
- Develop detailed financial models and sensitivity analyses to assess performance scenarios and capital structure alternatives.
- Prepare and present written investment committee memorandum and presentations.
- Actively monitor portfolio company performance.
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Minimum 3-5 years in leveraged finance, private debt and/or related transactional experience.
- Strong analytical/quantitative, credit, accounting and financial statement analysis skills.
- Ability to construct financial models.
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and as part of a team.
- A self-starter with a strong work ethic and resourcefulness.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field.
- MBA or CFA.
Source: MetLife Real Estate Career Page
About MetLife Real Estate Investments
Metlife has been investing in real estate since 1878. As a mortgage lender, real estate developer, and owner, MetLife's real estate division manages over $70 billion (as of 12.31.16) of real estate debt and equity investments. These include MetLife general account assets as well as assets managed by MetLife on behalf of third-party investor clients. The breakdown of debt investments to equity investments is $51.8 billion in commercial mortgage loans and $18.6 billion in real estate equity investments.
MetLife's Real Estate Group is headquartered in Whippany, NY with regional offices across the world. The group has 150 real estate professionals strategically placed in U.S. offices in Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles, Morristown NJ, San Francisco, and Washington DC. as well as in international offices located in London England, Mexico City Mexico, Santiago Chile, and Tokyo Japan. The MetLife senior leadership averages 25 years of real estate experience, 23 years of which with MetLife.