The role of Associate Director, Portfolio Management is to assist the Portfolio Management team with day-to-day operations of various Multi-Fund Strategies within Invesco Real Estate. The Multi-Fund Strategies are proprietary fund of fund structures that invest into other underlying Invesco Real Estate funds and are designed to help the organization access new distribution channels around the globe. The Multi-Fund Strategies are a high growth area for the firm and are therefore high profile with senior management.
You will be responsible for:
- Develop deep understanding and capability for fund management and operations for the full range of multi-fund and hybrid products that combine public and private real estate investments for distribution across multiple client types and geographies
- Maintain overall responsibility for fund databases and models utilized for portfolio analysis, client reporting, marketing materials and other investor/prospect communications
- Coordinate and manage the reporting process for multiple funds, including coordination with underlying fund teams around the globe and preparation of quarterly reports, marketing decks and internal presentation materials
- Drive fund level forecasting, portfolio optimization and attribution
- Assist with management of fund liquidity, allocations and investor queues
- Lead and/or contribute to ad hoc projects, including marketing launch with various distributors/platforms, RFP/DDQ requests, and special investor/consultant requests
- Acquire working knowledge of fund goals, investment guidelines and current positioning to evaluate the impact of transactions in a dynamic environment
- Manage fund operations and effectuate transactions in the absence of the lead portfolio manager
- Participate in the development and execution of the funds’ investment plans, steering committee and other senior management presentations
- Other projects and duties as assigned
- The successful candidate will be one who will ultimately be able to run day to day fund operations and conduct investor update presentations and client marketing meetings on their own
The experience you bring:
- Undergraduate Degree; Accounting, Finance or Business-Related Preferred
- 5+ years in real estate investment environment
- Solid understanding of real estate investments and accounting concepts; understanding of fund management and/or global experience a plus;
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint with the ability to learn new software
- Excellent analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills in a team oriented environment
- Strong organization skills with an attention to detail
- Sense of urgency
Source: Invesco’s Career Page
About Invesco Real Estate
Invesco Ltd. is a privately-owned investment management company based in Atlanta, Georgia. Founded over 70 years ago, the company is relied on by institutional investors across the world to manage their various invested assets. The company currently has over $800 billion in assets under management managed by over 6,000 employees in 11 countries.
Invesco Real Estate (IRE) was established in 1983 as the real estate investment division of Invesco Ltd. IRE manages a real estate portfolio of $67.8 billion (as of 12.31.16) with CRE investment teams in 21 locations around the world covering properties in North America, Asia, and Europe.
The Invesco Real Estate Team is made up of 447 employees, managing investments in direct real estate, real estate securities including both equity and debt, infrastructure securities, and master limited partnerships. Employees work out of offices in Atlanta (HQ), Dallas, Newport Beach, New York, San Francisco, London, Paris, Munich, Prague, Madrid, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Tokyo, Singapore, Seoul, Luxembourg, Beijing, Sydney, Warsaw, Milan, and Hyderabad.